Join now - be part of our community!

Home theater system - sound gone

profile.country.BG.title
marinivanov
Explorer

Home theater system - sound gone

Hello,
I recently had a problem with the home theater system. The TV is SONY KD-55XD8599 and the receiver is SONY STR-DN860. The problem is that one day the sound from the TV stopped. The connection between the TV and the receiver is via an HDMI cable with ARC function, and the cable is connected to the TV in HDMI 4 input (only it is with ARC). Currently, even the receiver's menu is not visible on the TV screen, but the receiver is controlled by the HDMI cable. So far I have done the following:
1. Replaced HDMI cable version 2.0 with ARC function - no result.
2. Reset the receiver - no result.
3. Reset the TV to factory settings - no result.
4. Both devices have the latest software versions.
After several attempts to connect a Blu-ray player to all HDMI inputs, it turned out to be impossible, ie all four HDMI inputs on the TV do not work. I found a picture of a detailed motherboard on the internet. It shows that all four HDMI inputs go to one chip.
The question is whether the chip burned out and what is the reason for this or can I get away with it in an easier way (for example if it is a software problem)? Has anyone encountered such a situation?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I'd recommend getting in touch with the Sony Support team for further help here.

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.BG.title
marinivanov
Explorer

Is there an update recently released for this TV, from which there are complaints about non-working HDMI inputs or the problem remains hardware?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@marinivanov 

It’s hardware.

If you search this Community you will find another recent report of this issue, which required a board change.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.BG.title
marinivanov
Explorer

Should the IC be changed?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

The whole board. If something else on the board has fried the IC, it will fry the next one.

Even if you can replace the no doubt surface-mounted  IC, the skills and equipment to do which would challenge many professionals.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…