Join now - be part of our community!

DualShock 4/Playstation Now Promotion

MrLizard

DualShock 4/Playstation Now Promotion

I bought my TV in the UK on August 29th.  Since then I have been trying to take advantage of the free DualShock 4/Playstation Now promotion.  I had an email back from the campaign team stating that I'd given them the wrong receipt, even though this was the receipt given to me by my retailer.  My retailer has since re-issued my receipt and I have passed this back to Sony as requested.

I have probably emailed Sony about 8-9 times since they first emailed me last Thursday.  Not a single email has been replied to yet, and I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of any kind of response.

Can I please request that someone from Sony's customer care team gets in touch with me as soon as possible to discuss?  This is now starting to drag on, and I'm very disappointed with the lack of help I am getting via the email channel.

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @MrLizard

Your case is still being processed,

please be assured they haven't forgotten you. :slight_smile:

MrLizard

Hi @jumpsuit

I've just had yet another email from Sony Support advising me that my claim has been rejected because I apparently purchased the product after August 31st.

1)  I've sent Sony Support my receipt on numerous occasions. This clearly shows that I purchased the TV on August 29th.

2)  The retailer from which I purchased the product has borne this out by emailing Sony Support to inform them of the correct date on which I purchased the TV.

3)  Even my bank statement bears this out.

I just don't know what to do next.  I'm getting absolutely nowhere with these people and I'm losing patience. 

I've already made it clear to them that I will be raising this with my local trading standards office for arbitration on Wednesday if the issue is not resolved by then.  this has now been going on for two weeks and I've not desire to perpetuate this bureaucratic nightmare for any longer than I can bear.

Please help.

DOMENIC31
Explorer

I'd like to highlight I'm also experiencing similar challenges to those of MrLizard.  Sony not accepting my original invoice sent and also still waiting to my dualshock controller and email confirmation of this being sent.  I my son purchased this tv for me as an anniversary gift however I feel I can't enjoy this wonderful gift without knowing my son is getting the level of service he deserves from Sony. 

MrLizard

My retailer ended up contacting their Sony rep, who kindly escalated my concern internally and it looks as though i'm now going to get my PS4 controller.  A reputable retailer should be concerned about this and will do all they can to help.  By not honouring to supply the goods as advertised, Sony are placing the retailer the wrong side of the Sale of Goods act.  

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

At least it looks like you're managing to get one now. :slight_smile:

DOMENIC31
Explorer

I would like to provide an update and inform everyone that my issue has now been resolved and I'm very happy with the resolution.  Thank you Sony.

Explorer

I have had the same problem got nowhere. The only thing I got was aboos on the customer telephone line.

Best of luck