Join now - be part of our community!

Crashing Tv again

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Gasgas41
Explorer

Crashing Tv again

So a little back ground on the issue, last year out of the blue this bloody Tv (KD55XE9005BU) started in the endless reboot cycle every time we switched the 4K fire Cube on. After much back and forth with Sony and no resolution just scrapped the cube in order to have a (semi ) working tv. 
only problem couldn’t use 4K or otherwise it would crash again. So we just made sure always picked 1080 streams.

Now, problem has started again. Youngest got a PS4. It worked perfectly for a couple of weeks, now just constantly crashes as soon as the tv display changes to 2160.
I don’t see a work around on this and no way Sony can say it’s a compatibility issue. It’s there own stuff it’s crashing out on

TV has latest firmware. I’m just lost now on how I can sort this. Anyone have any ideas?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Gasgas41 

I take your point, but a swift Google search on your TV model produces only reports that it can’t do 4K at 120Hz (and some that it can’t do it above 30Hz), but all are refusals, not crashes.

If this isn’t a problem with your particular set, not this model generally, why aren’t reports of what you are seeing more widespread?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Gasgas41
Explorer

Pass. Cannot reply to why others aren’t having the issue only that I am having the issue.

Appreciate the time taken but the only thing that’s solved it is putting the TV in the skil and buying a non Sony tv. And will never buy again after this

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Gasgas41 

As per my post in this thread:-

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/no-video-on-sony-bravia-internal-tuners-video-ok-on-stbs/...

profile.country.GB.title
Gasgas41
Explorer

I’ll give it a look now 👍

profile.country.GB.title
Gasgas41
Explorer

Yeah that don’t help.

TV isn’t broken, only crashes when it it tries to switch over to 4K internally. Will play everything 1080 perfectly. No issues.

Put Xbox on it. Fine, Because I can set that at 1080. It’s a firmware problems inside the unit when it tries to play 4K

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Gasgas41 

I take your point, but a swift Google search on your TV model produces only reports that it can’t do 4K at 120Hz (and some that it can’t do it above 30Hz), but all are refusals, not crashes.

If this isn’t a problem with your particular set, not this model generally, why aren’t reports of what you are seeing more widespread?

profile.country.GB.title
Gasgas41
Explorer

Pass. Cannot reply to why others aren’t having the issue only that I am having the issue.

Appreciate the time taken but the only thing that’s solved it is putting the TV in the skil and buying a non Sony tv. And will never buy again after this