Join now - be part of our community!

Channel editing on XF9005

profile.country.GB.title
Mrhappy37

Channel editing on XF9005

Hi, Does anyone know why I can’t edit/sort the channel positions for the satellite channels on the tv directly rather than through the computer, as my MacBook won’t recognise the file type on the memory stick.

I can organise the freeview channels on the tv but the option for satellite channels is greyed out, which is strange because the option was available straight after the update on two occasions but greyed out after one attempt at organising the channels.

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Mrhappy37,

You could always contact Sony Support about this to see what they suggest.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Mrhappy37

Thanks for the reply. I used your link to send sony an email and I will post here if a solution is reached so maybe other with the same issue can also benefit.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Have you already installed the sony software to edit channels on your mac?

https://www.sony.it/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xf90xx_x90xxf-series/kd-55xf9005/downloads/0...

profile.country.GB.title
Mrhappy37

Yes I have, but as mentioned above my macbook won’t recognise the file on the usb stick from the tv. This means my only option is to arrange the channels via the tv itself. Im wondering if this is yet again another deliberately locked feature due to some kind of licensing issue.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

satellite is disable only if you are using youview. If the Sony channel editor doesn't recognize the file maybe it is empty? Can you open via a texteditor?

profile.country.GB.title
Mrhappy37

Hi Rooobb, thanks for your reply. I disabled youview when I first got the tv as I realised it caused a few issues and I didn’t want it anyway.

The file was written but the format the tv seems to have put the usb stick into is causing my macbook to tell me that it doesn’t recognise the file format/type. The tv writes the file ok and sony editor loads onto my macbook ok but when the tv writes onto the usb stick it changes the format from “fat” to its own file type, and its this that my macbook won’t recognise.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The tv should not reformat the usb stick when writing unless you ask for it. Normally I use NTFS formatted stick that are not natively supported by my own iMac but I bought the related driver. You should format it in whatever format is recognized by both your macbook and the tv and it should remain the same when the tv write on it... I really do not know why you find it changed (unless you are using the same stick also for tv recording)

profile.country.GB.title
Mrhappy37

Ok, just had another play with the usb stick. The tv isn’t formatting it, I thought it was and that was why my macbook wouldn’t recognise it.

I tried formatting the stick in fat32 and the tv greys out the channel list transfer option. I then tried the only other format my macbook supports, mac os journeled, and the tv recognised this and I managed to transfer the channel list successfully.

However, when the stick is plugged back in my macbook it doesn’t show anything on it, even though it shows that 189mb has been used. Im now lost as to what to do next, and any help would be appreciated

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Be sure the stick is partitioned as MBR and not GUID. In the latter case it won't work and macos use that by default