Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KD-55XH8196 - no BT headphones (A2DP profile) support! Why?!

SOLVED
profile.country.LV.title
DaneThorson
New

Bravia KD-55XH8196 - no BT headphones (A2DP profile) support! Why?!

Hello Sony.

I am at loss of words. I just discovered that my 800€ TV does not have function which 35€ Xiaomi Mi TV Stick has. I wanted to connect my BT headphones (made by the Sony btw) to the TV. Pairing was not successful, TV simply did not detect headphones at all. After several other tries and trying also non-Sony BT headphones, i went over to internet. And in my TV support page i found Sony video describing that in order to pair BT headphones with TV user first must check does TV supports BT headphones at all:

1. Go to Sony webpage, find your TV model
  2. Choose "Specifications"
  3. Scroll down to "Bluetooth profile support"
  4. Verify that there is A2DP among supported BT profiles, here's output for my TV:
    BLUETOOTH PROFILE SUPPORT

Version 4.2;HID (mouse/keyboard connectivity)/HOGP (Low Energy device connectivity)/SPP(Serial Port Profile)

Sony have you absolutely lost your shame?! Headphone support is quite necessary for TV - it is not some exotic feature which are needed by 5% of users. WHY????

And how to check for it - user must be quite tech-savy to find this little detail out on their own, because i bet most people would not even check for it assuming BT support=headphones too.

Why did you go and well cripple otherwise fine TV? Lucky for me i have older Sony wireless RF headphones which i can connect to TV via 3.5mm jack. But that's just happy coincidence for me, other users might not be so lucky.

Please introduce A2DP support in your next firmware updates. I am pretty sure it is doable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@DaneThorson 

Oh it’s doable, and Sony do it - but not at your price point.

It’s easy to overcome, though with a £25 Bluetooth transmitter with Optical In, of which Amazon offer several.

So I guess Sony are willing to alienate a lot of surprised customers for its lower-end sets for whatever fraction of that £25 it would cost Sony to build it in 😢

I also hear tell of a free Bluetooth app you might be able to find on the Android TV Store that can add this missing profile, but I don’t know if your TV has the fundamental hardware needed. Worth investigating, though.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@DaneThorson 

Oh it’s doable, and Sony do it - but not at your price point.

It’s easy to overcome, though with a £25 Bluetooth transmitter with Optical In, of which Amazon offer several.

So I guess Sony are willing to alienate a lot of surprised customers for its lower-end sets for whatever fraction of that £25 it would cost Sony to build it in 😢

I also hear tell of a free Bluetooth app you might be able to find on the Android TV Store that can add this missing profile, but I don’t know if your TV has the fundamental hardware needed. Worth investigating, though.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.LV.title
DaneThorson
New

@royabrown2 Thank YOU! It took me 5 minutes to find, download and install this app and sucessfully pair BT headphones with my TV.

profile.country.GR.title
kimanos
Explorer

Hello. I have the same problem. Which programm worked for you?

profile.country.LV.title
DaneThorson
New