Join now - be part of our community!

bravia core ??

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

bravia core ??

Hi guys . I got an email from sony  about a new product called bravia core . But it turns out its for only a selected tv that have the XR installed.  im using the KD-75ZH8 8K tv and to my knowledge it has the XR chip in the tv . but when I go to Google play to install the app its not there. I was just wondering if its going to stay for a selected group of tv or will it be rolled out to other tvs that have Xr installed on the tv . as my tv is 8k I'm sure it be able to run it. thanks guys for your help as usual 

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi guys, for who's interested, this article https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors/articles/00258763 has the applicable models, if that changes Sony will update it ^^

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

For this issue, this answer could be relevant in case you didn't set it to on

"You have the option to turn off Pure Stream to save the packet-data consumption. The default setting is always off."

profile.country.GB.title
AshleyG55

@Josoap 

Hi, Odd you should say that. I have a KD-50X80J which is this years model but I found out it doesn't have the XR chip. I too got the email about bravia core . Now I could find  and install the app but I got an error "TV not supported" when I  tried to use it. Then it went on asking me to add a code and my details  to use it!

profile.country.GB.title
AshleyG55

@HannahEd01 

Hi, Anyone who got the email had a link to that page but thanks anyway 😀