Join now - be part of our community!

bravia core ??

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

bravia core ??

Hi guys . I got an email from sony  about a new product called bravia core . But it turns out its for only a selected tv that have the XR installed.  im using the KD-75ZH8 8K tv and to my knowledge it has the XR chip in the tv . but when I go to Google play to install the app its not there. I was just wondering if its going to stay for a selected group of tv or will it be rolled out to other tvs that have Xr installed on the tv . as my tv is 8k I'm sure it be able to run it. thanks guys for your help as usual 

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

thanks for your reply rooob. I just realised its the X1 ultimate chip in the tv im using  not the XR.  thanks again as usual for your help . you always reply no matter how stupid I sound lol. thanks again pal 👍

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

same here Ashley.  I thought it was something I could access after sony sent me the email . but it turns out my tv has the X1 chip installed not the XR like in the latest models.  

thanks for your reply 

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

Here's  hoping D law I thought it was something anyone with a  sony tv could access but ,as you said hopefully they'll start turning it out to alot more users.  

Thanks for your help 

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

You'll know your TV would say, EG (xr65x94j) like mine. 😊

Models

X90j upto x95j

A80j to A90j

And I think its called A9J 8K XR

Let hope they do make it permanent and all can access. 

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

rooobb  you seem to know your stuff regarding sony ,do you think it's just a trial on the new models to see how successful it is before they roll it out to tv,s . as im sure a software update could sort out older models.  lol I say older models but I only got my tv in October last lol. 

cheers rooobb

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

you can download core on ps4. 

that's interesting I must see if it would work on ps5. 

thanks for the heads up D law

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

Sorry miss wrote message was meaning ps4 pro working on TV. So so sorry. Changed message. Will be more careful. 😦😬

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

ahh no problem I'm always doing it lol

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@Josoap  ha scritto:

rooobb  you seem to know your stuff regarding sony ,do you think it's just a trial on the new models to see how successful it is before they roll it out to tv,s . as im sure a software update could sort out older models.  lol I say older models but I only got my tv in October last lol. 

cheers rooobb

@Josoap it makes sense what you think but I have no clue about what Sony will do :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

As far as I know yes it's a trial on new models and will have to see what happens. And hope they sell enough tvs to show its popularity.