Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV, Google Home, and Netflix: FIXED!

profile.country.GB.title
whatleydude

Android TV, Google Home, and Netflix: FIXED!

Hey everyone, I've posted about this issue before but basically, if you've ever tried to Netflix to play on your Sony Android TV by speaking to your Google Home, you'll know it refuses to work.

Well, apparently there's a fix coming! Hurrah! This week! Amaze! Lazy bones like me can finally watch Luke Cage without reaching for the remote 😁 

Details https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/10/14/can-now-ask-assistant-speaker-play-netflix-android-tv/

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.GB.title
stychy
Explorer

bad spelling now i cant delete that post haha anyway help appreciated 

profile.country.GB.title
adamski99_uk

Looks like the software is broken again, I can't switch off my TV using my Google Home Mini. It was working a couple of days ago so I think a google update may have borked it.

profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

Everything worked fine for a couple of months, till the latest "Google for Android TV" app update.

Since then, the response to the "play youtube videos on TV" command on Google Home is that something went wrong etc. etc. Netflix voice command still works.

Is it really so difficult a Google or Chromacast built-in app update not to ruin something that already works?

profile.country.GB.title
adamski99_uk

I've just updated the Chromecast built in app and now switching on and off now works again with my Google Home mini assistant again.

profile.country.GB.title
blinkinek
Explorer

Still doesn't work on my Bravia from 2015. Latest firmware and updates installed. I get "sorry I can't play Netflix on Android TV yet".

profile.country.GB.title
stychy
Explorer

yeah same here pal 6months still same problem

profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

I am giving up on this!

Since the Oreo update (one week ago) the TV has stopped turning on and off using voice commands to Google Home.

Yesterday I realised that the Netflix voice commands returns an error message too.

All of these used to work before.

And last but not least, I think that the latest chromecast built-in or google app update causes a problem to Youtube casting from phone to TV.

Really frustrated.

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
joexn.com
Explorer

If you're still having issues whereby your Sony Bravia is not being properly controlled by Google Assistant and are receiving errors like 'I’m sorry, there was an error and I was unable to control your home device', I wrote a post on my site which helped my fix the issues completely here: http://joexn.com/controlling-a-sony-bravia-with-google-assistant/

I don't earn money off this site or anything, just a place to update the post.