Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV, Google Home, and Netflix: FIXED!

profile.country.GB.title
whatleydude

Android TV, Google Home, and Netflix: FIXED!

Hey everyone, I've posted about this issue before but basically, if you've ever tried to Netflix to play on your Sony Android TV by speaking to your Google Home, you'll know it refuses to work.

Well, apparently there's a fix coming! Hurrah! This week! Amaze! Lazy bones like me can finally watch Luke Cage without reaching for the remote 😁 

Details https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/10/14/can-now-ask-assistant-speaker-play-netflix-android-tv/

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

Not yet on my TV.

Fingers crossed and waiting.

profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

Could anyone verify this option enabled on his/ her TV already?

profile.country.GB.title
olders82

I can't control Netflix yet but I can turn the TV on/off, change the volume, cast All4 from my Google Home. That's more than used to work. Once Netflix works then I can remove from Chromecast Ultra.

profile.country.GB.title
olders82

Quick update - seems the Home integration has regressed. I can no longer control the on/off function though I can control the volume both with voice and the Google Home app.

I still can't control Netflix. I assume this is one of those infuriating "it only works with US English" sitiuations that Google seem to produce.

Seems I'll be sticking with the Chromecast Ultra for the foreseeable future.

profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

Just for an hour or so yesterday, I managed to turn on/off TV using Google Home Mini, even starting Netflix. I achieved it by selecting "English" as the language in TV instead of my native one. But suddenly it stopped working again. Volume control and youtube commands are still ok.

profile.country.GB.title
Devilmiki
Explorer

Hi, someone have some news?

I've tested yesterday and I couldn't turn on/off tv and even play Netflix..

profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

Since Wednesday, the "turn TV on/ off" voice command works with Google Home (Google Assistant in general). I have not tried the netflix command.

profile.country.GB.title
Devilmiki
Explorer

Mmh.. Then today I retry..

Yesterday with Sony A1 I've this problem..

profile.country.GB.title
stychy
Explorer

same her started working 2 weks ago now had to remove tv from marthome because setting were not good and add it again now i can`t play estflix oryoutube videos? help please oly created account to post this thanks

ian