Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sam88_66 wrote:

I have uppdate My TV The remonte Control voice doesn't work

Hi @sam88_66

Please see these instructions:

https://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/137918/

Cheers

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

It causes Android to crach when my Sony TV is woken up from stand-by making it reboot.

Interesting. So another USB related issue. I already documented mine here.

I assume that MediaTek ***** up the USB driver quite badly...

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

I updated my 75X9405 via USB and I wished I hadn't now.

The TV turns on by it's self but goes to a black screen.

If I put it in stand by mode, it wont come back on. So I have to turn it off\on at the socket.

If I change HDMI out puts it goes to a screen which is called Red Button. Again I have to turn it off\on via the socket.

If I press the Home button it only covers half the screen. Before it was full screen.

It changes HDMI\TV channels at will(ghost in the machine)

And it's very slow in all areas.

I did reset the TV before doing the update and after. I wish Sony would get some guys\gals off XDA forum to do their updates.

Oh and Sony support is usless to say the least.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ultrablob wrote:

I have a Sony KD-55XD930 and I upgraded through USB, the upgrade went just fine with no factory reset needed.

Everything runs just fine except, that is EXCEPT with the USB-drive I have, a Kingston USB 3.0 DataTraveler G4 64GB.

It causes Android to crach when my Sony TV is woken up from stand-by making it reboot.

Hello @ultrablob

After you installed the firmware update - can you please confirm if you have removed the actual pkg file from the USB drive?  Maybe even re-format the USB drive on your PC/Laptop. 

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@newbix wrote:

The TV turns on by it's self but goes to a black screen.

If I put it in stand by mode, it wont come back on. So I have to turn it off\on at the socket.

If I change HDMI out puts it goes to a screen which is called Red Button. Again I have to turn it off\on via the socket.

If I press the Home button it only covers half the screen. Before it was full screen.

It changes HDMI\TV channels at will(ghost in the machine)

And it's very slow in all areas.

Hi @newbix

The issues you have stated above are not issues that others have reported for this firmware update (as far as I am aware).  I think something else is going on here.

In regards to the TV turning itself on from 'deep sleep' but not from standby - as a test can you turn OFF "Auto TV On" in the Bravia Sync settings - I am wondering if another device connected via HDMI is causing this.  ( [HOME] > Settings > External Inputs > Bravia Sync Settings > Auto TV On  - set this to OFF ) 

In regards to pressing the home button at its only covering half the screen, can you please post a photo of this?

You mentioned you reset the TV after applying the firmware update - Was that a factory reset ?  These are the instructions : HERE -  I ask this because some of the issues you describe are rather weird and maybe doing another factory reset could help?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

Hi @newbix

The issues you have stated above are not issues that others have reported for this firmware update (as far as I am aware).  I think something else is going on here.

In regards to the TV turning itself on from 'deep sleep' but not from standby - as a test can you turn OFF "Auto TV On" in the Bravia Sync settings - I am wondering if another device connected via HDMI is causing this.  ( [HOME] > Settings > External Inputs > Bravia Sync Settings > Auto TV On  - set this to OFF ) 

In regards to pressing the home button at its only covering half the screen, can you please post a photo of this?

You mentioned you reset the TV after applying the firmware update - Was that a factory reset ?  These are the instructions : HERE -  I ask this because some of the issues you describe are rather weird and maybe doing another factory reset could help?

Cheers

Yes it was a factory reset and I've now turned of the sync option.

Ok I've done another reset and the Home now covers the screen. I will now test the stand by.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @newbix

Thanks for the photo - I am not 100% sure on why you are not getting a full HOME Screen.  My guess is:  You have your PC connected to the TV and displaying a different resolution to the one that the Home screen would be.  Can you confirm if this was happening BEFORE the Marshmallow update? 

In regards to all your other problems with HDMI switchings etc:

• Check all your remote controls and see if there are any 'stuck' buttons - this could cause random turn ons, random changing channels and various things.  Maybe even test with the remote controls having no batteries or totally out of the room etc.
  • If that fails, I guess you have multiple devices connected to your TV via HDMI - it might be worth going through the 'advanced troubleshooting' section in my HDMI troubleshooting guide and see if there is a particular device that is causing you issues.  See : HERE

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

@Anonymous

Another reset and I get full screen when I press teh Home button.

I'm going to test the stand by now.

I see that even when I do a reset it remembers my Picture settings after the TV flashs black screen\TV channel 3 times?

How can I reset the TV so it forgets everything?

Thanks Quinnicus for your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@newbix  - Ahhhh..  The TV should not be remembering your picture settings.  Although I am now curious on how you are resetting the TV - are you doing the 1-2-3 Auto Start up??. 

Either way, you need to to a 'Factory Data Reset'.  See this link:

https://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/66442/

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@Kuschelmonschter

Interesting. So another USB related issue. I already documented mine here.

I assume that MediaTek ***** up the USB driver quite badly...

Add to that that sometimes I get mysterious random prefix (usually x or y) in front if the external disk ID what makes that one also unusable and restart is needed.