Join now - be part of our community!

2016 android tvs- same bugs as 2015

SOLVED
Monkeybayou
Explorer

2016 android tvs- same bugs as 2015

My Bravia 43xd8099 has a couple of annoying quirks (random OSD pop ups and a remote that jumps 2 leaps with one press when using the sky TV guide). Google these issues results in the same problems but on 2015 sets. These were supposed to be fixed so why recurring now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You are correct - many of the bugs/issues that occur on the 2015 Android based TVs are also on the 2016 too.  Simply because the firmware is very much the same (with minor differences).

At current, the list is HERE.

However the issues that you have described should have been fixed.  Can you confirm if you have the latest firmware installed?  If so, I would recommend a factory reset - as this generally helps clear any 'gremlins'

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You are correct - many of the bugs/issues that occur on the 2015 Android based TVs are also on the 2016 too.  Simply because the firmware is very much the same (with minor differences).

At current, the list is HERE.

However the issues that you have described should have been fixed.  Can you confirm if you have the latest firmware installed?  If so, I would recommend a factory reset - as this generally helps clear any 'gremlins'

Cheers