Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
ezeest

Just a note about Lip Sync, I've noticed that if you are watching HD on youview the audio is about 1/2 sec late via the ARC on the HDMI when connected to an amp but the optical out is perfectly in sync, I have a 65S linked to a Sony AV amp. Sent from my iPad Pro
spook63

@EggDublin wrote:

I have a question for those UK peaple who have accidently put the v2.647 EU firmware on your TV's.

I know that there's no youview but are the BBC iPlayer, 5 catchup and Amazon apps available on this firmware?

Just BBC iPlayer, Demand 5, and the non-functioning amazon instant video.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@spook63 wrote:

@EggDublin wrote:

I have a question for those UK people who have accidently put the v2.647 EU firmware on your TV's.

I know that there's no youview but are the BBC iPlayer, 5 catchup and Amazon apps available on this firmware?

@spook63

Cheers for that. The ITV and All4 players only come with YouView, so if that has gone, so will those two Players be gone.

Does Amazon not work at all, or is this just the stupid UHD 'LICENCE_ERROR'' issue we all get now?

Also, if I may ask, what does the EPG look like for the broadcast tuner - is it the Freeview EPG, or just a cutdown Now and Next, as @Caledonian_TV describes it?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
spook63

@royabrown wrote:

@spook63 wrote:

@EggDublin wrote:

I have a question for those UK people who have accidently put the v2.647 EU firmware on your TV's.

@spook63

Cheers for that. The ITV and All4 players only come with YouView, so if that has gone, so will those two Players be gone.

Does Amazon not work at all, or is this just the stupid UHD 'LICENCE_ERROR'' issue we all get now?

Also, if I may ask, what does the EPG look like for the broadcast tuner - is it the Freeview EPG, or just a cutdown Now and Next, as @Caledonian_TV describes it?

ITV, All4 both gone, stupid UNKNOWN_ERROR on Amazon, Freeview EPG present.

Nibor99

re: 2015 Bravia Android TV Issues[ New ]

If you are struggling to find something in this rather long thread you could do worse than use google site keyword to search a specific site for something.

So for example I used the following to use google to search this thread for the term 'credit card' but it could have been firmware or currys etc

site:community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-bravia-android-tv-issues credit card

which got me four hits on page 93,178,250 and 251. Much quicker than searching by hand....

---------------------------------------------------

Thanks very much for the searching the community tip !!

EggDublin

Thanks spook63, I'm in Ireland and use unotelly to get iPlayer but have UK firmware, Youview is useless here though due to lack of UK Terrestial Digital signal so in light of no FW updates for the next 4 months I'm thinking I may move over to the IRL/EU firmware and see if it's any better than the dogs dinner that they put out to the UK in v2.645.

Are you having all the usual issues or do you think v2.647 may be more stable? Or perhaps we should swap TV's?:smileywink:

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Caledonian_TV wrote:

Apparently loading the EU firmware loses you the Freeview EPG also... So you're left with the satellite style 'now and next menu'...  Just like a £60 'Chinese junk' set you can buy from a flea market.  'Bricked' in terms of yet another basic function-

Rather as I suspected, this is incorrect, as @spook63 confirms above:-

"ITV, All4 both gone, stupid UNKNOWN_ERROR on Amazon, Freeview EPG present."

(I would like to quote the actual posting, but I don't know what to click on - anyone able to give me the recipe? EDIT: Thanks, solved now)

in the light of this, can you please return to my substantive points about 'bricked' being a serious exaggeration, and reply again?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
spook63

@royabrown wrote:

(I would like to quote the actual posting, but I don't know what to click on - anyone able to give me the recipe?)

"Quote" button top right of the "Reply" box.

Took me a while to work it out too. D'oh!

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Slight confusion in what I asked:-(

When Replying to A, I knew how to quote A's posting.

My problem was how also to quote something that B had said in a separate and unconnected posting, as part of my response to A's posting that I was quoting.

Took some experimenting, but I think I finally got there. It should be easier, though, so maybe I am still missing something ..... 😞

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@spook63 wrote:

@royabrown wrote:

(I would like to quote the actual posting, but I don't know what to click on - anyone able to give me the recipe?)

"Quote" button top right of the "Reply" box.

Took me a while to work it out too. D'oh!

I tried that, I thought. The link led to the Reply posting itself, not the original quote 😞