Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

@si1001

Typical, fix one thing and then another problem arises. I only get the lip sync on surround sound, luckily not experienced it on the TV speakers (yet) so I don't have a work around for it. All though, I did find with using my PS4 that if I had the surround on I could limit the amount of time the lip sync was out, by having in the picture settings - advance settings - motion set to " Standard " and film mode to " Medium ". How this stopped or affected the sound being so badly out of sync, I dont know. But it did mean that I could comfortably play without it annoying me! I wonder if that would have the same afect on VOD? I havent checked my own settings for Netflix yet, but I dont seem to get lip sync issues with that either!

Anyone else not been able to get to this thread today? I wasnt able to login, or view this from last night until now!?

UKPiglet

I couldn't get to this thread until a little while ago.

If some people are getting lip sync issues through the TV speakers and others are not, then are different TVs working differently? This thread covers all the models...

I'm just using the "out of the box" settings on a kd55x9305 . It didn't even cross my mind that I would have to go into advanced settings and fiddle around with different motion modes in order to have a tv where the sound is right for the thing being shown on the screen!

profile.country.GB.title
UnoBorg

On this TV it auto selected Graphics for picture mode & im using 3840 x 2160 using 60hz with just a 660ti 

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

you are quite right HDMI 1.4a does do 4K 60htz, but only 30Htz.

It would still be nice to have 4K enabled on the tv, but the settings of the TV are all greyed out so I cant even get that.

Thanks though for your response, and yes its mainly the 950 or 960 Nvida cards that have the new 2.0, but I'm not upgrading again until i get 2K or at least 4K 30Htz working...

Does your tv allow you to change the wide mode settings?

Kind regards

Richard

If you want a free steam game (a decent one) just let me know and I will gift ye one.

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

Any idea's when we can get the Bravia Sync feature to work with our Playstation 4's?

When I try, it says an update is needed. Where would one get said update? When I go to settings/update, it says there be none.

Kind regards

Richard

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

I brought the tv as it advertised this :

3840 x 2160, 67.4 kHz/30 Hz (4K models only)

Try getting the settings to actually allow? you to use this though.

this on, this off, this can only be on when this if off, so you cant turn that on........

lol

kind regards

richard

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

Ok, i got it working, i now have my pc in 4k

to be honest though, i dont know what i did different

yesterday i tryed all the settings which where greyed out, so did a factory reset, let it redownload its system apps, redid the sony extra features activation and they where all still greyed out last night.

so up i get this morning, and come back to the forums again, ask for help, and received nowt appart from people giggling that i have a pc...

i thought try again, and low and behold, after doing nothing to the tv, the seetings where not greyed out, it allowed me to change my wide mode, put it in full pixel and ive got my magic -1 (4k models only : thats why i brought it)

very happy, but bemused. I promise you good chaps and ladies of this forum i did nothing different. Just that this morning when i turned it on it allowed? Me to tinker again with its settings.

i dont have any input connected appart from the cat6 and the hdmi, so i know it didnt get an over the air update. But yes as a chap above mentioned, there was something delivered somehow this morn, that has effected it.

i must have been over the net.

should have made notes of my build.

kind regards everyone, and have an excellent day

richard

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

@UKPiglet I thought the sync issue was just on any HDMI connected device, and or using (HDMI ARC) AV equipment, so you could be right that some of all the Android models covered here, may be more susceptible than others with just using the TV speakers. Really couldnt say myself as I only get out of sync using surround speakers (not that I use them that often because of no 5.1)! 

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

As ive got mine set up to correctly display 3840 x 2160, 67.4 kHz/30 Hz (4K models only) This morning :

(From the manual)

The 1080p timing, when applied to the HDMI input, will be treated as a video timing and not a PC timing. This will affect the [Display] settings. To view PC content, set [Wide mode] to [Full], and [Display area] to [Full pixel] (2K models) or [+1] (4K models). ([Display area] is configurable only when [Auto display area] is set to [Off].)

And also Window 10 64bit Display settings / 3840x2160 30hz Applied, with a HDMI 4k, 2.0 certifed cable doing the handshake for me - it works :slight_smile: and is my new minimum standard.

i would check your pcs display setting as you could possibly save your ti renderig those outher 30htz.

the tv/display as i call it, manual states :

This TV does not support interlaced PC signals.

1920 x 1080/60 Hz output may not be available, depending on your PC. Even if 1920 x 1080/60 Hz output is selected, the actual output signal may differ. In this case, change the PC’s settings, then select another input signal from the above list “Corresponding PC input signal.”

So check your display settings and click on driver modes list and see if you are actually outputting at 30htz or 60htz. The tv/display says it wont do 60htz, even if its sellected. So you could save some gpu cycles by doing so.

next im going to find out how to make sure im not outputting an interlaced signal as that could also save me some gpu cycles. And then on to my PS4 beta 3.3 firmware were making to see if i can get that bravia sync function to actually work. Ive got the voice control for my display to work now i have the rmftx100e linked, so thats a bonus. And im also enjoying the casting function for my pucture in picture ipad/iphone/ipod simulationusly.

whod have thought Sony could have made something so good? Even better than our own imiyama, bless em.

im going to get the firmware unpacked soon too for this display (sony use kpac) and see if like your saying i can add the unicode for 60htz) - it should work as the inputs are 2.0, i will just have to enable it.

has anybody rooted this devices android also. Id like to run a file manager natively too

kind regards all

dead impressed with my purchase

and as im feeling so good, if anybody whom has responded to me here previosly wants a steam game for free, just let me know

richard

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

It where