Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
Al_Charles

I think the odds might be better on Japan winning the rugby world cup, than Sony hitting their dates.

MikeLothian

I'd be curious to know which motherboard that is, as I said I was unware of any that had HDMI 2.0 yet

Can we stay on topic. This is not about our computers and their specs 

MikeLothian

Well for once I dont think the TV is at fault

cozzykim

@MikeLothian

I think that's a good point, and not off topic if the TV is shown to be perfectly capable of streaming 4K

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

Thank you for your response. I have also tried elimating the weakest link in the chain. The technical department of where i brought it from (X83C 49") where also unable to answer me.

the technical manual of the display/tv states

To connect a PC
Connect your PC with an HDMI cable.

(A) PC
(B) HDMI cable (not supplied)*
* Be sure to use an authorised HIGH SPEED HDMI cable bearing the HDMI logo.
Corresponding PC input signal
(Resolution, Horizontal frequency/Vertical frequency)
640 x 480, 31.5 kHz/60 Hz
800 x 600, 37.9 kHz/60 Hz
1024 x 768, 48.4 kHz/60 Hz
1280 x 1024, 64.0 kHz/60 Hz (2K Full HD models or 4K models only)
1600 x 900, 56.0 kHz/60 Hz (2K Full HD models or 4K models only)
1920 x 1080, 67.5 kHz/60 Hz (2K Full HD models or 4K models only)*
3840 x 2160, 67.4 kHz/30 Hz (4K models only)
* The 1080p timing, when applied to the HDMI input, will be treated as a video timing and not a PC timing. This will affect the [Display] settings. To view PC content, set [Wide mode] to [Full], and [Display area] to [Full pixel] (2K models) or [+1] (4K models). ([Display area] is configurable only when [Auto display area] is set to [Off].)
Note
This TV does not support interlaced PC signals.
For optimum picture quality, it is recommended that you use the signals from the above list “Corresponding PC input signal” on your PC settings.
Depending on the connection status, the image may be blurred or smeared. In this case, change the PC’s settings, then select another input signal from the above list “Corresponding PC input signal.”
1920 x 1080/60 Hz output may not be available, depending on your PC. Even if 1920 x 1080/60 Hz output is selected, the actual output signal may differ. In this case, change the PC’s settings, then select another input signal from the above list “Corresponding PC input signal.”

I have even resorted to a full factory reset with no avail. The issue for me is that i can not change the wide mode to full as its greyed out, thus i cannot change the display area, nor the full pixel or my much sourt after -1

i would happily just take the  -1

at least that way i can use my pc in 4k and have my start button on the screen.

if you can help, i will be gratefull.

kind regards

richard

si1001
Explorer

Unbelievable, that seems to have fixed it! Many thanks @theshamelessmanc !

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

Awesome stuff @si1001  

super it's not just me as well lol !

si1001
Explorer

Actually it's not all win - the video is much, much smoothe, but now I can see a very subtle lip sync issue. It comes in gradually then the video will judder slightly then everything's OK again for another five to ten minutes. Odd. Hopefully as this is Amazon that I'm watching the firmware update before the end of the month will fix it. (That said it apparently helps for issues with 5.1 audio, and I'm just using the telly's speakers.)

gunit1978
Explorer

Anyone else had issues turning the tv on, I went to try mine this morning and nothing??? I tried the actual on button on the back of the tv and still nothing, I havd to unplug the tv and then back in and then it turned on, annoyingggggggggggggggggg