Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
Ezhan1

I have problems with voice commands with TV Side View app. It just does
not listens,
same seconds closes the speach dialog.
mk1.golf.1983
t1mmm9879
Explorer

Pretty sure the next firmware will be the 29th of September. 

That seems to be when the next features are due. 

profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

Could anyone shed any light on problems I am having on KD 55X8509C, When i try to change the picture settings through the action menu or HOME display settings, before I have a chance to change any settings, the menu dissapears off the screen Replacement TV came today guess what? same problem

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

This TV OS is an utter shambles. It lags, freezes there is no 5.1 from Netlfix or Amazon either. It needs CONSTANT reboots on a DAILY BASIS. To top it all Sony have not BOTHERED to update it since July when it clearly is not ready fo prime time. Yet they happily update the people in the US. 

Nearly every promised date for features and updates has been a LIE. Not only that but the TV has dropped £800 since I bougth it in May. I expect a price drop, but not £800......

SCREW YOU SONY.

DaM3k0n

I'd return it for exchange or poss refund... and state its faulty and not fit for purpose.  If reported within 6 months it is assumed TV was faulty when purchsed.  I've had refund after 4 months before with some computer hardware.  Check your rights...soga.

letonge53
Explorer

I've just been reading some of the posts here - maybe worth reading something I've just posted at https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/sony-x850c-4k-do-not-purchase/td-p/2025294  I am in conversations with BBC's Watchdog about my Sony TV so would love to hear from people with similar stories.

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

WOW, think this is the longest spell I have seen on here, where nobody has posted something! Either everybody has suddenly got perfectly working units, or...... those who made complaints are starting to get emails regarding their frustrations?! :wink:

P.S

sorry for breaking the longest run of silence LOL

Ezhan1

Is there an chanel list export? I see one in menu, but that's disabled...

Danny.Nilsson
Explorer

Have any tried the app Musixmatch? on my X93 it lacks insane and completly useless.