Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
t1mmm9879
Explorer

Agreed! 

Hopefully the Android update will happen soon and iron out a lot of the issues.

I'm pretty gutted reading a lot of this considering i've just spent 499 on this TV and spent ages debating what to go for.... 

SDCEGavster

@t1mmm9879

I'm having no real issues either.. Just the HDMI/input issues, but other than that, loving my new 55" X85 4K TV.

daknigh36
Explorer

Well I had my Samsung 65JS8500 delivered this afternoon and I have spent only about an hour with it but it is such a step up OS wise over the Android one on the Sony - much, much better. Picture wise I would say they are pretty much even to be honest - certainly the Samsung is not better but, from the hour I have spent, its certainly no worse either but have not watched a Blu Ray yet or dialled in the settings.

VERY happy to have swapped the X93 out - also prefer the look of the Sammy but I realise this is a personal choice. 

cozzykim

@andrewsoong

You never know, that was my thoughts  too, that this thread might mysteriously disappear.

Maybe someone somewhere has saved it for posterity?

profile.country.GB.title
Shalendran

@andglend6

Please do factory Reset. You may have to do it at least once in two weeks for various reasons.

Al_Charles

@cozzykim

Thats so synical of you too think Sony would delete just this thread,

I think they would like to delete All their andriod TV customers instead. 

:nerd:

onelegdis

I'm seeing the Android TV platform taking a lot of flack here but are all of these issues down to Android?

I'm guessing Android is doing the smart functions and the Sony sub system deals with the TV functions, if I'm wrong could soneone enlighten me?

So the HDMI, program guide, USB HDD support, slow proccessor and ARC issues are down to Sony and the Netflix 5.1 sound issue is down to Android?

andglend6
Explorer

Thank you ! 

Completely nutz of course,  what the hell are Sony doing releasing a product in this state !

andglend6
Explorer

Thank you 

profile.country.GB.title
Kel520

Had this TV a couple of weeks now and each time I turn on there's something to **** about with that doesnt do what you expect. Getting really ****** off. Sony's help call centre is a complete joke there favourite saying either "switch off by the the wall" or factory reset ! The biggest joke i my complaint of there being no tv guide showing when connected direct via satelite dish isnt there because there's no built in decoder to decode it all !??? and they didnt know that ! Why have the connection there in the back of the TV if it doesnt work?? for what is a basic request of any TV, let alone one that cost 1800 ******** quid.

Google is all over the place....great !! Love google search etc etc. So why the **** have they got Opera on there with a voice activated remote that doesnt search a web browser !!??? hello? yet will search you tube related stuff and is google owned? The voice search I'm sure is google...so why not the web?

3D I tried through Kodi for the first time tonight......I should have left alone... I'd of had more hair.

Manual?? What manual .....there's more info/pages on how to wall mount it ! than anything else.

Yeah its great picture and sound but so it should be for 1800 quid..... as for smart TV ? about as smart as I was for buying it in the first place.

I hope this firmware updates more than just the contrast level.

Come on Sony get it together.....I know your listening but is it sinking in yet?