Join now - be part of our community!

SWIPE PANORAMA QUESTION - SONY DSC HX20

SOLVED
profile.country.hr_HR.title
nsvilici
Visitor

SWIPE PANORAMA QUESTION - SONY DSC HX20

Hi

I was wandering is it possible to stop panorama mode or I have to make "circle" and make full "panoramic" image?

I mean -- mostly panorama images are TOO wide at the end and very ofter I would like it to be more narrow ...

It would be perfect if "panoraming" can be stopped at the point when your subject is captured on panorama picture.

Is it possible?

Tnx

niksa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello niksa - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I have been looking at the manual / online user guide for this camera (out of interest, the online version is very good and you may find it easier to navigate than the paper version) and it would appear that the panoramic capture process means that the full image has to be captured before the camera will record the image to the memory card. This means that in effect you cannot stop the camera half way through an image it will not process it until the full panorama has been taken.

Because of this, you could just carry on taking the photo as normal and then when you return to a computer, if you upload the image into your preferred editing software you will then be able to cut the section of the image that you do not want. The amount that you cut off will depend upon your intended use for the image i.e. if you are looking to get prints made, you will need to make sure that you do not remove too much otherwise it may affect the aspect ratio overall and make everything else look stretched when printed - try playing around with this to get the best results.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello niksa - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I have been looking at the manual / online user guide for this camera (out of interest, the online version is very good and you may find it easier to navigate than the paper version) and it would appear that the panoramic capture process means that the full image has to be captured before the camera will record the image to the memory card. This means that in effect you cannot stop the camera half way through an image it will not process it until the full panorama has been taken.

Because of this, you could just carry on taking the photo as normal and then when you return to a computer, if you upload the image into your preferred editing software you will then be able to cut the section of the image that you do not want. The amount that you cut off will depend upon your intended use for the image i.e. if you are looking to get prints made, you will need to make sure that you do not remove too much otherwise it may affect the aspect ratio overall and make everything else look stretched when printed - try playing around with this to get the best results.

Thanks,

Simon