Join now - be part of our community!

Extended warranty SLT A77

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
dikda639042
Visitor

Extended warranty SLT A77

I am on the point of puchasing a SLT A77 with grip etc to use with Minolta lenses and have tried without success to enquire about extended warranty costs and availability. The Sony site is not helpful and refers to serVIPlus about which I can find nothing useful. I would be grateful for some guidance please.

dikda639042

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi dikda, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The extended warranty is normally available when you buy the camera. You can also apply for the serVIPlus policy within a limited time following your purchase. There's a brief mention of this at the bottom of the following page: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/warranty

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Mick2011
New

Hi dikda, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The extended warranty is normally available when you buy the camera. You can also apply for the serVIPlus policy within a limited time following your purchase. There's a brief mention of this at the bottom of the following page: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/warranty

Cheers

Mick

dikda639042
Visitor

Hi Mick

Many thanks for your prompt reply. I had alreadyspotted that entry but I cannot find a route to "read more" about it. It is almost as though Sony are not keen on selling it but perhaps I am being perverse  and displaying my aged intolerance. I have also just raised the query with WEX who is my supplier of choice but obviously have not had a reply yet although they are normally fairly prompt. Thank you for your help anyway

Regards

Dikda

badurai61
New

I am also looking to buy extended warranty for SLT-A99. I couldn't find the information anywhere.

Please help.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

Aside from the link that has been posted above by Mick2011, it may be necessary to contact Sony Customer Services directly for more information about the Extended Warranty product. Their contact details are on the following forum page:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts/dime

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.GB.title
beboyle14

Hi,I also tried for extended warranty but couldn,t get any further than Servplus....:smileyconfused:

badurai61
New

I have contacted UK support and was told that there is no extended warranty available for SLT-A77 or SLT-A99 or any SLT cameras.

Please some one advise if any other alternative available.

profile.country.GB.title
scdonal97

you can always buy a MACK warranty via Calumet or similar.

I would prefer a Sony extended warranty as available in the US but if they don't offer them on Alphas here ....

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again everyone :slight_smile:

I am aware that Domestic and General offer extended warranties in the UK for electrical goods including cameras. However, I cannot say that I have used them for any services in the past - it may be worth getting in touch with them by Googling 'Domestic and General' (when I have worked in retail in the past, this company was the extended warranty partner).

Like I say, I obviously cannot recommend them - however it may be worth giving them a call for more information.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.GB.title
marashfo

Hi there,

If you specifically want a Sony extended warranty, these are available through a Sony centre if you have one nearby. Alternatively, you could try giving one a call. I'm sure they'd be able to do it over the phone.

Regards

Martin

PS - It doesn't matter where you purchased the product.