Join now - be part of our community!

Cashback 2018 Issues

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
dadwesty
Explorer

Cashback 2018 Issues

I puchased the DSC-HX90V on 30/5/2018 that is within the offer date period (1/5/2018 - 1/09/2018).

The claim site shows error that the purchase date is not valid for the offer.

Can i assume that the website is faulty and will get rectified or do i have to call Sony asap?

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
Yoofff
Explorer

Sir.

I purchased a 12-24 G lens, waited about 32 days to submit my claim. And then the fun started. 

1st. They said my lens serial number was not on the claim form, it was.

2nd. They said my type of lens was not shown, it was.

3rd. I contacted Sony and was informed that my claim was correct and it would be verified and processed.

4th. They said the “ date of purchase” was not shown on the receipt, it was

5th. I contacted Trading Standards, who informed me that you have to find out who the terms of conditions were with,In my case Jessops, Birmingham UK or Sony. I found it was Sony. Jessops were very helpful. And if Sony were part of a ADR scheme.

6th. I contacted Sony, who confirmed they were not part of a ADR scheme and I asked to speak to a Supervisior, a battle in itself but I did speak to one in the end. He confirmed my application was correct and would be processed.

7th. I received a e-mail saying my claim cannot be processed as my home address was not recognised, so back to Sony and I checked my address with them and guess what, they had my correct address on file. I also stated that I am having no further contact with Sony as I was now 3 months after my purchase date of my lens, I would give them a further 28 days to pay and then I would be making a claim via the Small Claims Court.

8th. I received another e-mail about two weeks later saying it would be paid in 28 days, so this extended the time period again.

9th. I contacted Sony again and explained my disgust and said again my next move would be via a claim in court.

10th. My Cash Back Claim money was in my bank account the next day.

Sorry it as been like reading War & Peace but these are the facts. It was a disaster from the start and I like Sony cameras but would I buy Sony again, I do not know, would I have a purchase with Cash Back conditions attached, NO. Unless I was given the refund at the point of purchase, I would not buy the item.

I have had no further contact from Sony to discuss my problem.

Vivianliu
New

l purchased the DSCRX100M4 camera at Amazon on 24/8/2018 and after l received the product and register at cashback website, within the offer date period (1/5/2018 - 1/09/2018). but now l still haven't received 100 pounds back!!!!who can contact me and solve the problem. 

I have the same problem!  It really leaves a sour taste.  I bought an A7 from Amazon and photographed the invoivce and sent a PDF copy and sent photos of the serial number.  I have sent Sony TWO emails since asking for confirmation of receipt and received nothing.  I think I will leave a very poor feedback review on Amazon to let prospective customers know that the camera is good, but the cashback is just a scam.  For shame Sony. 

profile.country.GB.title
twospoiltboxers
Explorer

I have been trying to get my Cashback from Sony since February. They have used 1 excuse after another as to why I do not qualify. Eventually I got an email on the 17th March saying the money would be in my account within 28 days. It is now 25th May and the money has still not been put in my account. If I do not receive it shortly ie by the end of the week I will be taking them to the small claims court. I really don’t understand what their problem is????????

profile.country.GB.title
MartinB57

I’ve rechecked mine of earlier in the year and the credit comes with the almost unrecognisable ‘bank credit link network’ identity only! So easily missed.
profile.country.GB.title
twospoiltboxers
Explorer

I paid using PayPal and they always notify you if you receive a refund and I have checked my bank account.....nothing. Money LONG overdue now ☹️