Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 960 fps

SOLVED
amd_2012
Visitor

Xperia 5 960 fps

Hi

I really interest to buy Xperia 5. Just wanna know one thing. From the specifications lots 960fps slow mo not showing on the Sony website. Just wanna know which slow mo feature is available for this device.

Thanks

24 REPLIES 24
kenway
Visitor

Unfortunately, the gsmarena message is wrong.
Eprice this content is the answer to the interview with sony engineers

Jonas
Master

Hello everyone!

Due to the change in image sensors, Xperia 5 supports slow motion at 120fps, but not Super slow motion at 960fps, it does however still support Predictive Capture.

I hope that answers everyones questions about both these features! Slightly_smiling_Face

tomo100brt
Visitor

Not good news. Because there are times when I use 960 fps. Not often but use it.

mucinhanoi365
Visitor

not working Grinning_Face
Jonas
Master

@tomo100brt, I don't use it much myself, but I can know that if I was still skateboarding like I used to back in the days, I would use it on a daily basis.

In this case there isn't much to do since it has to do with hardware, but I will forward your feedback about the feature in general, so the developers know it's an important part.

@mucinhanoi365, I'm not quite sure that I understand exactly what you mean, would it be possible for you to elaborate a bit? Thank you.

BrbZrk
Visitor

Sony itself says it doesnt... 

Ive seen it today in the store it doesnt have it. 

SHAME REALLY.!

MIDTIERS of samsung have 480fps and its 2020 almost and i have to do with 120fps at 720?!!??

Jonas
Master

Hi @BrbZrk,

That is correct and I posted the reason for this about two weeks ago. You can find the reason for this in my post, on the link below.

/t5/Xperia-5/Xperia-5-960-fps/m-p/1389319#M53

BrbZrk
Visitor

Im sorry thats no explanation, why 120fps at 720!!?  Make 240 at 1080 and 480 at 720 via software and i will buy the phone. (wont happen)

It really shouldve had the DRAM. 

Its a covered cost cutting.

Btw. Im looking forward to next years model, hope its the same size as the 5, and not as big as the 1

Jonas
Master

Hi again @BrbZrk,

As I'm not involved in the decision process for new devices, it's very hard for me to answer why only 120fps recording is available and not for example, 240fps. The only information I have is regarding why super slow motion is not available and that is due to a change in image sensors.

I will of course forward your feedback and thoughts about this! Slightly_smiling_Face

Regarding the size, I do really hope so as well. The Xperia 5 can't compare to Xperia XZ1 Compact or the Xperia XZ2 Compact, which both are real compact models, but it's a very good alternative and the fit in the hand is really awesome.

It's going to take me a while to get used to both 21:9 and the bigger size after using Compact models for the past 5 years, but this is the first time I'm actually trying something that does not have Compact at the end! Slightly_smiling_Face

Thanks again and have a nice day! Slightly_smiling_Face

Dragontrumpetar
Visitor

Really was thinking of buying this phone and was all for, but now I aint sure. Mostly because SONY let me and many others, obviously, to believe the cameras was infact the very same as in Xperia 1. But now it misses one of the more cool feature Slo-mo, wich most premium phones of today has. I can understand how SONY is thinking here, really? Are they trying to sabotage themselves from the market or what is the problem? How a Premium Phone of today only can film 120FPS in 720p is for me not acceptable. It should have had 1080p 120 and 240 at least. It could probably have been ok. But not 720p on a 1080 screen... are you joking at SONY. I guess I have to wait to buy a new SONY phone then, and wait for the Xperia 1 to get down in price.... Despite I dont want such a big phone.