Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia synch Windows media player

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
roninxg

Xperia synch Windows media player

Please help lol. This is driving me crazy .  My first Sony Xperia phone the XZ connects no problems to my pc and shows when I open Windows media player but using same usb cable the Xperia 1 ii doesn't.

The 1ii does charge through usb cable when connected to pc.

The 1ii does show as MTP in device manager.

The Xperia companion is installed on pc and files from pc to Xperia do transfer.

I have reinstalled Windows media player .

Updated drivers via device manager on Xperia.

I have even opened Developer options through tapping build number in About System and select ed file transfer.

I have tried taking out all usb connections to pc and only connecting phone.

Numerous reboots of phone/pc.

And still when I open wmp the Xperia 1ii doesn't show up.

Anyone got ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
roninxg

After 2 days I managed to fix this, just about lost the plot a few times lol.

What I had to do is go into Device Manager and check "Show Hidden Files" from there I had to uninstall both the Xperia xz and the Xperia 1 ii. After that I just disconnected the usb from the PC and then put it back in again and boom its popping up on Windows Media Player :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Sorry, clicked wrong. I do not have this problem, though I do have a suggestion to take the SD card out if you have one inserted.

This reboot think makes me think so.

profile.country.GB.title
roninxg

After 2 days I managed to fix this, just about lost the plot a few times lol.

What I had to do is go into Device Manager and check "Show Hidden Files" from there I had to uninstall both the Xperia xz and the Xperia 1 ii. After that I just disconnected the usb from the PC and then put it back in again and boom its popping up on Windows Media Player :slight_smile: