Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 ii - Netflix not working

profile.country.GB.title
Hanson90
Explorer

Xperia 1 ii - Netflix not working

#moved from general thread#

I received my Xperia 1 ii yesterday but have an issue with Netflix, it doesn't work 

When attempting to open Netflix I get the error message -

"Sorry, we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try again later. (-1001)"

I have tried uninstalling updates and reloading with no joy, have even tried different internet connections.

Anyone else having the same problem?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Nope, works like a charm here.

Screenshot_20200619-131833.png

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

You could try the beta version.

Install the normal Netflix, scroll down the Play Store page and join the Beta Programme, leave the Play store.

Go back in a few minutes and see if there is an update once you are accepted into the programme.

Stop Netflix, delete the cache and data.

Uninstall the normal version, then go back to the Play Store, and install the new Beta. 

profile.country.GB.title
Hanson90
Explorer

Thanks for your suggestions.

Unfortunately the BETA is closed so cannot apply.

The other issue is Netflix is a pre-installed app and I cannot uninstall it completely, I have tried

several times rolling the update back and reinstalling but same error when trying to open 😞 

profile.country.GB.title
joschi21
Explorer

Netflix works for me with no problems but I have some big issuses withe the cameras 😞

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

@RottenFoxBreath wrote:

You could try the beta version.

Install the normal Netflix, scroll down the Play Store page and join the Beta Programme, leave the Play store.

Go back in a few minutes and see if there is an update once you are accepted into the programme.

Stop Netflix, delete the cache and data.

Uninstall the normal version, then go back to the Play Store, and install the new Beta. 

Here we go, with all the network variations.

Now my 1 ii is a sim free, unlocked, no customisation one bought through o2 in the UK.

Netflix was NOT installed on my phone, when first switched on.

Anyway, try this link for the beta of Netflix: play.google.com/apps/testing/com.netflix.mediaclient

If that link still works, then install the beta, and you will have 2 netflix on your phone.

Either disable, or uninstall/disable the normal one, and eventually the beta should uninstall it for you, it just will be gone.

Worked for me on the 1.

I did get a message telling me I had an older version on my phone, but I ignored it and installed the beta.

Stopping/clearing the cache eventually seemed to give me one version which was the Beta, and that remained on my phone.

profile.country.GB.title
Hanson90
Explorer

So tried everything suggested with no luck.

Last resort was a factory reset - 48 hours in 🤔  - it then gave me the BETA option, Netflix now working 😀

Thanks for the support!

Just the crappy video calling to sort now 😬