Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 starts lagging and becomes unusable after Android 10 update

SergioA
Visitor

Xperia 1 starts lagging and becomes unusable after Android 10 update

After updating to Android 10 my phone starts performing so badly after its been on for some time. The UI lags, it takes up to a minute to open an app, scrolling takes forever. Restarting the phone makes it go away but I have to restart every 8 hours or so. It got so bad I decided to do a software repair with the Sony Companion and even after doing so it still happens. Booted up in safe mode, still happens, stopped using live wallpapers and it helped for a bit but problem always comes back if I dont hard reset the phone. The phone was buttery smooth before this update.

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
Sony_UK

Hello,

That is probably the best way to that you did was not to restore the apps.

May I ask about camera, if you can, when you set it to 4k with stabilisation off and HDR on with .265 codec, and press record do you get stutters and lag in the first couple of secs?

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

No judder here.

4K video, ignored warnings, used SD card as storage, HDR on, and H.265 codec.

Panned across a coke bottle at the beginning, so judder would be seen, but none, then panned it round my office, and still none.

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

But you are on a gimbal mate

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Ha-Ha, yes, but never used the Gimbal in my office though, that was recorded after reading the post here during a "lull" in work.

So tested without a gimbal, on that occasion.

I started that recording whilst in mid pan past the bottle of coke, which would defintely show up judder.

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Ill say that for Sony Xpiera 1 4k recording, dont get judders in the actual video.

HORIZONTAL shakes though yes , as we all know 4k OIS shakes worse than my wife when she sits on a washing machine during the spin-cycle.

Always wondered why my wife keeps her clothes blindingly white! Slightly_smiling_Face

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
PANICiii
Visitor

I just want to give an update on my situation. 

In my case, the phone was completely freezing/solid crash during gaming in Arena of Valor since I installed Android 10 update a few months ago. Every other game, it would crash and reboot in the middle of a game.

I now have been playing AOV without issues since I stopped using the Game Enhancer app.

Too bad cause I liked this new software. 

This seem to fix it for me.