Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 mrk II hearing aid support ?

profile.country.DK.title
Sturmi
Explorer

Xperia 1 mrk II hearing aid support ?

Greetings and salutations from a new member.

I just recieved my Xperia 1 mrk ii today after not having a Sony device for some years.

I cant for the life of me not find any setting that enables support for hearing aids, i hope someone can help me in case i missed it somewhere in some odd setting ? I tried settings in help functions and call settings....absolutely nothing there.

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

First thing is, your hearing aid, is it bluetooth enabled?, as you need that for it to connect.

If not, then you can't, as they use BLE(Bluetooth Low Energy) to connect.

If they are bluetooth, you just simply pair one, accept the connection, then pair the second one.

Some manufacturers may have an app you use as well, so you would have to look for that on the Play Store, or via the manufacturers site.

profile.country.DK.title
Sturmi
Explorer

Yes they are paired and works fine with app changing programs etc, but i get no sound to them from the phone even though thye show as connected with bluetooth to it.

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Is there a manufacturer app?

And have you checked the settings in bluetooth, next to the hearing aid itself..looks like a little cogwheel., and also in the sound settings section in setting, media volume, etc.

profile.country.DK.title
Sturmi
Explorer

Nothing in soud settings refer to the hearing aids...

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

What's the brand?

profile.country.DK.title
Sturmi
Explorer

Beltone Amaze

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

So have you downloaded the Beltone Hearmax app, and gone through the "Get started" part, now the hearing aids are paired with the phone.?

I notice on the site and the app page it states, " Your Beltone Amaze hearing aids must be running software version 10043.4300 or later."

And it does say you can contact the hearing professional, and download new and updated software and settings from them through the app.

profile.country.DK.title
Sturmi
Explorer

Yes app is downloaded and working fine, also says theat i can now stream sound if the phone supports it. A supporter from Sony told me that this phone does not support hearing aids, which i find odd since it states it does one the product page.

Oh btw...i am on the newest updates and all.

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

I'd pay a visit to the audiologist you got the hearding aids from, see if they can help.

Might need settings tweaked on the aids, or an update,etc.

Should work, as you say, Accessibility says it should.

Have you tried taking or making a call with them, I know only 1 will work, but have you tried.