Join now - be part of our community!

XPERIA 1 mark II - Pre-order Problem in Germany

DimiZ.de
New

XPERIA 1 mark II - Pre-order Problem in Germany

Sadly I found last week on Sony Deutschland, web site that if I will Purchase Xperia 1 ii , then i get for free a Headset. But, funny fact ist that OTTO and Amazon, don't have that Pre-Sale Option.

I felt that I finnaly going to switch from Samsung Galaxy, to the Xperia Sony lineup after 9 years, but lools like I will stay by Samsung.

1200 euro for Smartphone Pre-Sale  without any Bonus?

P.s. Just found that I can buy Xperia 1 ii  in Russian just for 1030euros.  Well thats funny!

So: 31 May 2020 OTTO

Screenshot_20200531-091447_OTTO.jpg

And Today on Website Germany Sony:

Screenshot_20200607-210656_Chrome.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

hello @DimiZ.de 

Have you tried asking the retailers regarding the promotion? depending on market region, the freebie headset ships separately from the device. example in the UK, when they promoted the Xperia 1 and the freebie headset, they will need the IMEI of the device entered in a site to confirm that you indeed bought the device, and then the headset is delivered in a few days after.. 

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@DimiZ.de 

I can see in both screenshots you posted that the phone is bundled with the headset, right? What's the catch then? (I can't understand the text language)

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Doesn't make sense to me.

Both OTTO and the official partner store for DE, offer the pre-order.

profile.country.DE.title
84stangman

Hey, 

I ordered the phone also through Otto.de on 29.05.2020 and I also noticed the removal of the "Gratis" Phone pictures and stuff.

I wrote to the OTTO Support this is the answer what I got.:

hierbei handelte es sich um eine zeitlich befristete Aktion des Herstellers. 

wenn Sie das Smartphone erhalten, registrieren Sie bitte das Gerät
bei dem Hersteller. Anschließend erhalten Sie von der Firma Sony die
Kopfhörer.

This is about a timely limited promo option from the company.

When you received the phone, please register the device at the sony website (My sony app) and then you will receive the headphone.

sony help confirmed this. Obviously they don't have unlimited amount of headphones...

So I just hope that I will be entitled to get it for free...

😞

We will see.. According to OTTO : wenn alles gut läuft, sollte es nächste Woche ausgeliefert werden. 

The phone will be delivered next week. 

profile.country.DE.title
biochoker
Explorer

Same situation here.

Ordered the phone 02/06 from Otto, received a purchase confirmation showing the phone with headsets bu logging in to my Otto account on 05/06 the headsets are not shown anymore.

Called them a couple of times that day and they honestly dont seem to know that there was a bundle in the first place (a couple days after I ordered, the bundle was removed) and they couldn't confirm if the headphones were coming with the phone or not.

I sent them afterwards on 05/06 an email asking the same question to which they answered 06/06:

"gut, dass Sie uns gleich schreiben. Wir sind für Fragen da. 

Die Gratis Sony WH-1000XM3 Kopfhörer sind bei Erhalt der Ware im Paket mit dabei."

So I read @84stangman's email from Otto and to me it seems like nobody has a clue how its supposed to be working.

It's so frustrating!! 

profile.country.DE.title
chortya
New

Same issue here. Otto support employees have no clue about the pre-order bonus process/approach.

Sony support in Twitter forwards me to Otto, Otto has no clue. Sony support via email states that this is not a technical problem and forwards me to Otto, Otto has no clue. 

Dear Sony, please take control of the retailer communication and provide guidance. You state Otto as the 1 of the 3 official sources for Xperia 1ii. 

Also please comment on the delays, why is the phone available int he Sony Store in Berlin but not anywhere else?

What a mess.

profile.country.DE.title
84stangman

Thank god I received the Headphones as well with the Phone  :slight_smile: