Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 III problems

profile.country.BG.title
Incursio
Explorer

Xperia 1 III problems

Hello, after updating to android 13  ( currently running version 13 (61.2.A.0.472) ) I have been experienced the following problems:

1. Screen becoming greenish ( tinting green) when i use the 120hz option

2. Battery life is a almost twice as less

3. Heating a lot even when using light apps in daily basis

4. Mobile reception is not the greatest

5. Charge time is kinda bad just because the phone heats fast. Example when I'm driving I'm connected to the car headunit via Bluetooth and using Pioneer smart sync app and Youtube music and sometimes navigation ( waze or google maps) and when i connect the car charger to the phone ( its 15W (5V, 3A) charger) the phone overheats so badly that it even drops battery percentage while charging😂

6. The unlock prevention is almost non-existent. That pop-up window ain't stopping my pocket from doing whatever it wants

7. More like a request from almost every Xperia 1 III user. Make the google assistant side button remappable it will be a lot better for the user experience (or at least add option to turn it off).

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Incursio  and welcome to the UK Community :slight_smile:

The best way to fix problems after the update is to either perform a software repair using 

Xperia companion or factory reset your phone.

profile.country.BG.title
Incursio
Explorer

Well for one i waited for 1 update before posting and i don't think this is a good way to fix every single update to waste my time as a user to backup, transfer and then installing and setuping my phone.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @Incursio 

steps here https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets/articles/00237681 is for any software issues after the updates. It includes software repair and factory reset as they have a chance in solving the issue, instead of waiting for another update, you can give it a shot.

profile.country.BG.title
Incursio
Explorer

Did both factory and system repair for the sake of stopping at least 5 "experts" recommending the generic "restart or factory reset your device". No it did not fix anything which we all knew and yes I just lost about half a day setting up the device and testing battery, charging, overheating and all the other problems for factory reset and than repair. So if someone recommends factory reset, repair software please just skip this thread. Also if someone recommends flashing ROM my answer is NO I will not flash the ROM because I don't want to lose my warranty.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Incursio 

I apologise for trying to help ROFL

That did help other members before you that had similar problems after an update.

I'm aware there may be another possible way of fixing this without resets / repairs 

but I'm too scared of your aggressive tone to tell you  :slight_smile:

profile.country.BG.title
Incursio
Explorer

First I don't see aggression just direct message without workarounds.Reset just cleans all the data it isn't install different version of android it is still the same it is like replacing a broken component with another broken one for these kind of problems, Also if you don't want to tell just don't. I just said it like it is and also know that if I flash it back to android 12 all the problems will be fixed but that voids warranty as for the resets I said it just don't wanna bother with the average auto reply "factory reset your phone it will fix it" from 10 more people when you don't want to. Its a software problem from 2+ updates it is highly unlikely any reset will fix problems coming from the sony dev team that are on all the 1 III-s. For reference just check any other forum, xda, reddit, quora or some other forums a lot of people have this problem and a lot of people just surrendered because of responses like that.....

profile.country.BG.title
Incursio
Explorer

Update on the 120Hz green tinting. It seems that whenever HDR turns on like in a video the green tint is no longer present until the video stops.

profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

Hi, we don't know you but check this thread and see that when someone tells Sony software engineers to solve issues, they are solved! When not, they suck big time. Here is a good proof: https://community.sony.ro/t5/1-series/1-iv-and-its-extremely-unpleasant-issues-for-its-wanna-be/m-p/...

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Incursio, since you tried all the basic steps, take pics and videos of the issue and contact Sony reps: 

https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email?cat=mobile&tab=Tips 

They should tell you what to do next, either an escalation or a service. 

If you can add pics here too, that would be helpful as well. 

Otherwise, there's nothing else to be suggested.