Join now - be part of our community!

Is the new Xperia 1V worth buying

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

Is the new Xperia 1V worth buying

Hi all. 

I'm just wondering if the new Xperia 1 V is worth buying as I can't see any major updates to the Xperia 1iii that I have. There seems to be a couple of cliches with it. Cheers guys 

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.CZ.title
Damian87

Yes it is. The connection with Snapdragon 8 gen 2 did a magic here. Previously I returned Xperia 1 IV and changed to s23 Ultra, but now I came back home and over a month using Mark V. It is amazing phone with this chip. Totally recommend (and BTW I never had Heat warning since I bought it:)

profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

From 1III yes, from 1IV camera is only by hardware a little different but by its divers not, both have the same issues while taking photos and filming, but the price tag it's not ok. Camera makes the difference and even 1IV gets a little warm, it can get fixed by a good cover. Overall, it's about money between 1 mk4 and mk5. All the best!

profile.country.AT.title
Mydudeness1
Explorer

I just made an upgrade from 1ii to 1v and overall it was worth the upgrade. On the positive side: the phone is ultra fast, pleasantly feels and lies in your hand and has an advanced sensor resulting in great photos. Internal storage also doubled (I bought a 512Gb version on eBay). Increase in battery capacity to 5,000mAh is very noticeable and allows me to comfortably use the phone for 2 days on a single charge. It is not without flaws though: the status LED indicator is gone (which drives me crazy and makes me question the mental abilities of those who designed it), Android Auto does not work properly with Waze as described in a separate thread. I am also missing the glossy silver mirror-like back cover of my 1ii, which gave it a premium look. 

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

Cheers mydudeness.

It's the niggling little things that bug me with the Xperia 1 iii, that's putting me off the 1V. Thanks for the heads-up 

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

Cheers Damien. 

Reading all the replies it's looking likely I'm sticking with Xperia. Only issue I have with Sony is the hassle trying to purchase one. Thanks again 👍

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

Thanks Alex . I know exactly what your talking about with 1iii. That's why I'm a little bit worried & as you said at that price. Thanks for your time and help 👍

profile.country.AT.title
Mydudeness1
Explorer

Like I said, I bought mine  a few days ago on eBay from a trustworthy store (Asian model with 512Gb) which currently sells for 1140Eur - that is considerably less than what they are asking for a conventional 256Gb version in Austria - still not cheap but I cannot complain. Anyway, I have been using Sony phones exclusively since 2007 so I didn't have much of choice :slight_smile: