Join now - be part of our community!

XPERIA 1 dual stop at login screen, go black, no touch but finger print works

profile.country.GB.title
XPERIA_1_Dual
Explorer

XPERIA 1 dual stop at login screen, go black, no touch but finger print works

Phone boots, show Sony then Android then XPERIA, then Login screen for a second and then screen go black.

Phone is on!

Touch does not work, Finger print seems to work, because the phone vibrate after recognizing thumb print, but I can't see the Numeric keyboard were I first have to enter the pass code after a reboot or startup.

I want to download all my data, but how?

• USB to PC - Can hear phone connect and prompt for OK "Data connection", but I can't see and touch is not working
  • With PC Companion it ask to Unlock and allow data access, so I can't see and not sure if phone is unlock due to thumb vibration, although it should first require code.
  • I tried via USB C to HDMI cable and connect to Monitor and also TV but does not work.
  • I Reboot phone (Holding Volume+ and Power for 7 seconds), no affect.
  • I Shut down phone (Holding Volume+ and Power for 7 seconds, keeping buttons pressed till phone vibrate 3 times), no affect.

What else can I do?

1. Sending from South Africa to where ever for repairs will only result in a factory reset which will delete the Data I want to save first.

History (14 months old)(But in immaculate condition)

Hi I went for the first time in water with the phone in my hand, maybe submersed as deep as 10cm of water a few times.

Phone is in physical 100% perfect condition, always cover and screen protector, 0 scratches.

After submersion phone, screen went dead,, it should not have since it has an IP rating for the depth I submersed it.

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.GB.title
XPERIA_1_Dual
Explorer

@jeoleo7 

XPERIA_1_Dual_0-1607429085002.png

profile.country.US.title
jeoleo7

@XPERIA_1_Dual 

Until and unless you tick the clear data option.

Besides Flashtool there is another option; new flasher by munjeni.

Execute the executable file and important thing is you need to remove the user_data XXX. sin from the firmware folder.

(newflasher flashes all the files inside the folder.)