Join now - be part of our community!

WiFi Issues

Nel2299
Visitor

WiFi Issues

Hi, since I have had my Xperia 1 phone it has never picked up the 5g network like all of my previous Sony phone's and it doesn't download MMS through the WiFi either, I always have to switch on my date to send and receive MMS's which is really annoying and also backwards when it comes to technology these days since previous Sony phone's have done both of these for years. I am hoping they can fix both of these issues with just an update. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Yekollu
Contributor

5g network? 

Nel2299
Visitor

Yes we have both the 2.4gh network as well as a much faster 5gh network. I am also not able to permanently turn off the highly annoying screen lock that I have to do everytime I reply to my friend's messages and to save battery I don't have the Bluetooth or location GPS on. So I have to put in the password every minute or two. By the way for those who are having trouble with their fingerprint senser, I clean mine regularly and delete my fingerprints and then redo it and it always fixes it and then it reads my fingerprints fine. Thank you.

RuneJ
Contributor

Never had any issues with connecting to 2.4Ghz nor 5Ghz wifi networks. 

You can turn off screenlock (set it to none) but that might disable some online paying apps/banking apps/Google Pay, etc that require such lock.

SAWIG
Visitor

I have had similar issues when it comes to signal senitivity to 5GHz broadcast.

Fingerprint scanner not so much luck there. Seems to slowly be getting worse with time or software updates. I have reflashed the device and cleaned sensor/redo scans, no luck for me.

Nel2299
Visitor

Do you have a Xperia 1 too, then why doesn't this phone pick up the 5g network like all of my other devices do and when I say other devices I mean all of my old Sony phone's, computers, TVs etc and PlayStations. So I don't understand why this phone does not pick the 5g up. 

Also how do I set the screen lock to none, as I don't think I saw that as an option, but I'll have another look. 

Thank you

SAWIG
Visitor

I can only assume the issue with our Xperia 1's is hardware related from the chipset/antenna on the board. I would agree older devices (non-Sony) didnt have an issue.

Only two fixes I have found is either stick with just 2.4GHz connection or install a mesh network in your home to boost your 5GHz coverage.

You should always have some form for locking your device pin, fingerprint, pattern, smart locks...