Join now - be part of our community!

Stability diagnosis part 2 on the Wide Angle lens (ONLY WAY to get 4K stability to WORK)

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Stability diagnosis part 2 on the Wide Angle lens (ONLY WAY to get 4K stability to WORK)

THE ONLY way to FILM with the xperia 1 in 4k is to use the WIDE ANGLE lens that has EIS ONLY!

Here as you can see by my video the lens that has no OIS at 4k and the STABILITY WORKS!

There is something seriously wrong about Sony's EIS 

In my opnion Sony tech really need to listen as this work around is the ONLY WAY to get kind of STABLE video at 4k (with using a gimbal)

Someone on my channel said that is for the reason that wide angle there is no need for cropping this making EIS do less work. I dont buy this given the ream of evidence i have shown. If EIS cannot handle the main lens (cropping or no) then there is still a fault with Sony's EIS algorithm.

See my tests below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNMUCCmoXDU

This is my last test on this matter, can anyone who has contacts with Sony please present (if they will listen) all my findings on this matter.

Next test will be to look into the so-called heat issues (if any) the Sony Xperia 1 has.

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
1 REPLY 1
azzido
Enthusiast

Thanks bro for analysis, hope sony will listen and fix 4k video stabilisation (no matter what needs to be done, turn off OIS in this mode or fix alghoritms).