Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 1 mark 2

xperia-z3
New

Sony 1 mark 2

I just want to show my anger Sony. Are you guys serious?? Could you explain me why did you introduce Xperia 1 mark 2 and other devices few months ago and still didn`t release it? The worst thing is that there are not even rumors when it will happen. If your devices are not ready because of some reasons what a point to show it to mass?? Or you gonna sell it a in 2021? It`s always like this.... If you show your smartphones saying they are a top lvl etc, I understand it as they are fully tested and ready to launch. They have to be sold a day after the press conference but not a half year later!!!!! A bit more respect to people

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @xperia-z3,

first of all - this happens all the time - products are announced at fairs/events and sold weeks or months later.

Also there IS AN ONGOING PANDEMIC, which affects both production and delivery of all goods on the planet.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Come on mate

Have a heart, there is Corona virus messing up the world right now 😞

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

I can confirm what NIC C is saying

The reason is I have worked for MANY Tech companies

DFI Lanparty

Universal ABIT

Lamptron

IC Diamond

They ALL release motherboards via press release by companies such as GLOBAL-PR ( LIAN-LI use global PR, anyone who has been in computer tech knows who they are)  and after couple of months (sometimes as much as three) it then appears in shops like ocuk and Caseking etc.

I used to also have a semi-major computer hardware review site (Overclockerstch) and as a result used to go TO C0MPUTEX every year, they had the same practice, Announce a motherboard (before all the BIOS bugs have been sorted) and then release a few months later.

Here is a photo I took of the new building for Computex being BUILT in Nanggang Taipie.

For reference

nanagang.jpg

myself at Taipe 101 , left Max Chang of ABIT and DFI fame, centre Andrew Ouyang of Foxconn and my mug

Andrew.jpg

At Chiang Kai Shek hall

nang2.jpg

It is STANDARD practice to announce a product then wait a short while before sales ,as it allows:)A: Manufacture to establish more supplies lines

b:) To liaise with resellers

c:) To get in contact with SI companies

D:) For software engineers to try and do some last min changes, such as bugs.

Also there is a killer virus right now, people's priorities have changed somewhat, at least sensible ones:)

Me I am quite happy to wait as long as the AMERICANS do and wait until July to get my phone (last year Britain received it 3 months ahead of the USA) SO LONG AS Sony take advantage of the extra time and try to eliminate as many bugs as possible.

hope that helps

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King