Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix issue ( xperia 1 )

xLelouch
Visitor

Netflix issue ( xperia 1 )

I have a problem with netflix every time i try to open it the phone is restart, this issue begun with android 10

i try to uninstall the update, clear cache of the app and even flash another framewere of hong kong, UK and nothing is useful

Please is there any solutions ?

9 REPLIES 9
Lukalumen
Contributor

Mine starts and works, but after the Android 10 update the video struggles to play. It drops out and looks like the phone is underpowered to play it. Same with Prime Video!

And I have a long flight tomorrow, this is very annoying :((

xLelouch
Visitor

This is a shame 

till now i try 4 different framewere for different regions and every one of them have the same issue with netflix i cant even open the app

to be honest i lost hope on sony, the screen is the biggest advantige of this phone and sony in announcement talk alot about support of netflix, amazon prime and promised us in 21:9 movies and 4k hdr but i cant see anything when i was using app on android 9 

lucky enough to have iphone on this time 

( sorry for my bad english )

Carloback295
Visitor

Don't use Netflix, but same for me on Prime, both streaming and with downloaded content Slightly_frowning_Face

xLelouch
Visitor

Hope they will solve it as soon as possible 

xLelouch
Visitor

Still waiting 

Beastkut
Visitor

Im still upset that i cant watch 4k netflix content on xperia 1...the main reason i bought this phone is to watch 4k movies...other than that it is all good

xLelouch
Visitor

It doesn't resolve even after the last update 55.1.A.3.49

Rookiebob
Visitor

After update Android10. my xperia 1 can't watch hdr content. the image will freeze after 2 second. but trailer is ok. 

so struggled。

Is that possible reverse my Xperia 1 back to Android 9?

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

@Beastkut wrote:

Im still upset that i cant watch 4k netflix content on xperia 1...the main reason i bought this phone is to watch 4k movies...other than that it is all good

Yup, me too, with all the streaming competition popping up, Netflix do really need to look at streaming limits on mobiles if they want to stay on top.