Join now - be part of our community!

Issue with network dropping

Clennon
Visitor

Issue with network dropping

My network coverage keeps dropping I spoke with EE my network provider. They sent me a new SIM card, this has not fixed the problem and I'm stuck for what to do. This happens at completely random times.

152 REPLIES 152
KGT94
Visitor

Just checked XPERIFIRM. They have the EE ROM. Will get brave and flash it on my O2 device tonight ..

JanieD91
Visitor

Cool think I'll do the same assuming flashing an official EE ROM won't lock it strictly to EE.

Just make sure you enable USB debugging to allow more recovery options encase something goes wrong so you don't end up with a £850 brick Slightly_smiling_Face

drlmiles1
Contributor

I've never dared do this before, but it sounds like flashing the ROM to the official EE setup may be necessary anyway to get full functionality on the EE network. Please can you two let us know how you get on? 

Xperia1user
Visitor

My hongkong version show 4G but the actual speed is less than 3G in anywhere

xenite5
New

@JanieD91 wrote:

Cool think I'll do the same assuming flashing an official EE ROM won't lock it strictly to EE.

Just make sure you enable USB debugging to allow more recovery options encase something goes wrong so you don't end up with a £850 brick Slightly_smiling_Face

I have absolutely no idea about this. How you do that? Is it risky? Is there a page I can read more? Can Anyone tried that let us know if it worked or not? 

JanieD91
Visitor

It's a fairly simple procedure using Xperifirm and the official Sony flasher software, it's the settings part that some people can mess up with,so if you have never done it before it's best to wait for when your device finally shows the update available

Clennon
Visitor

Sounds like a similar procedure to ROOT your device. I'd personally wait for update I don't know why they haven't released to all yet but since I've updated there hasn't been any issues. Tested speed on Netflix speed test I'm getting 72+ Mbps 

Xperia1user
Visitor

OMG,I just found out that solving the problem of poor signal only needs to put your phone face downRolling_on_the_Floor_laughing,No matter how high was. Try to start downloading an app and watch the download speed and signal bar,Then put the phone face down   the download speed up 10time more and signal bar speed increase to full. Can anyone tell me what happened? Is this the angle of the signal antenna?

bazw
Visitor

After a long chat with EE it seems my phone favours my nearest cell tower, this makes sense as closest means best signal strength. They said that tower does have an issue they are trying to sort out. the fault has been known about since 30th may, or the day I picked up my X1.

As soon as I leave that cell tower my signal is fine, no dropouts. 

I have tried a new SIM card from EE. Made no difference. I went to carphone warehousw today and they gave me a new phone. The moment I get home and phone picks up the tower near me with the errors, the signal drops.

It's weird as my old phone on same SIM and same tower is ok. Must be some weird compatibility thing here.

JanieD91
Visitor

Think yours must be a different issue,as the one we are talking about happens all over the country.