Join now - be part of our community!

Green tint/shadow on RAW photos Xperia 1 ii

profile.country.NO.title
Alig1000
Explorer

Green tint/shadow on RAW photos Xperia 1 ii

When I take pictures with the camera pro app, i use raw+jpeg setting. I can see that the RAW photos always get a green tint color on them compare to the jpeg that looks more natural.

Not sure if it's a common issue, and why is that happening.

I also notice after the new update, it's some glitch when trying to delete pictures i the gallery in the Pro app. Takes seconds to load the next picture.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there, you can try to enable your device on safe mode and check if the same thing will happen or not. If the same issue is till there in safe mode, try the steps in this link on the Camera pro app: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets/articles/00235707

profile.country.NO.title
Alig1000
Explorer

It's the same problem in the safe mode. I did try different recommended solutions but nothing helps. Still gets greenish pictures when taking RAW photos.

I read different articles people say it's common issue on some Sony cameras, but seems like not so common on the Xperia 1 ii phone.

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

I've just taken a few random shots with mine to judge white balance difference, but the ones I took all pretty much match on white balance. No green tint here.

Does it happen on all lenses?

Do you have auto white balance on?

What capture settings do you have selected? 

profile.country.NO.title
Alig1000
Explorer

It's the same problem with all lenses. I've tried all different white balance settings, and it's the same problem. The RAW photo always has a greenish tint on it versus jpeg.

It's most visible in dark/night photos.

I even adjusted the white balance manually on Auto white balance, but the RAW photo didn't even react to it.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

You can try to perform software repair by the Xperia companion on your device and test again see if that helps.