Join now - be part of our community!

Google Phone for Xperia 1

SOLVED
profile.country.UA.title
SaenkoVitalik

Google Phone for Xperia 1

Hello!!! Tell me why my Xperia 1 has a softphone from Sony, and not from Google Phone. On some Xperia 1 and Xperia 5, Google Phone is installed by default. Google phone is not available for me on Google Play !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.UA.title
SaenkoVitalik

I downloaded ... Apk file with Apkmirror but .. during the installation process an error .. then it’s not so simpleWeary_Face

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Jonas
Master

Hi @SAENKO87,

In the Xperia 5 the Google phone application is the default one and as far as I know regarding the Xperia 1, it's only one specific customization that has it, all other customizations has the Sony phone application.

As far as I understand it's the developer of the application that decides if it should be available for a certain device or not. You may be able to install the application from other places than the Google Play store though.

I hope that answers your question! Slightly_smiling_Face

profile.country.UA.title
SaenkoVitalik

Google phone Not installed from other sources installation is not possible !! You said that there is one setting where there is google phone this is what.

SAWIG
Visitor

You will need to side load it from a source outside of the Play store.

profile.country.UA.title
SaenkoVitalik

I downloaded ... Apk file with Apkmirror but .. during the installation process an error .. then it’s not so simpleWeary_Face

Jonas
Master

Hi @SAENKO87,

I won't be able to help you with installing apk files apart from giving you the instructions on how to do ti, but I can see that you have already figured that out yourself since you managed to start with the install. For further inquires, get in touch with the application developer which in this case is Google.

Horwarth
Visitor

Hi,

does somebody know on which specific firmware customization the google phone app is preinstalled (instead of Sony phone app)?

Thanks

Horwarth
Visitor

@Jonas

Has anyone figured it out yet?

Thanks

Jonas
Master

Hi @Horwarth, sorry for the very late reply.

In the Xperia 1, the Google phone application is pre-installed in devices with a Vodafone customization, if you have a different customization than Vodafone, it will be the Xperia phone app. In the Xperia 5, it is the Google phone app regardless of customization.

I haven't heard anything back but I'm pushing for new information every single day and hopefully I'll have information about a fix shortly. Not really sure what is taking so long..

Yekollu
Contributor

@Jonas Any updates regarding Android 10 for Xperia 5 in Germany? And update to undo the screw up Android 10 did to XZ2, XZ3, 5 and 1?

Does Sony have no Quality Control anymore? And why do they not even acknowledge the issues ?