Join now - be part of our community!

Blurry edges with the 24 mm on the Xperia 1 II

SOLVED
profile.country.DE.title
dafdeharde
Explorer

Blurry edges with the 24 mm on the Xperia 1 II

The 24 mm lens of the rear camera creates photos with blurry edges that seem to get less noticeable the closer you get to the object like in these photos (Photo Pro app, auto mode, central focus always on the wall). I think I have seen other Xperia 1 II images on the web showing similar blurry edges, so I wonder whether this is a common problem or just a problem with my phone. The ultrawide angle and the telephoto lens do not show this behaviour and are sharp all across the frame.

20210413_074202.JPG20210413_074259.JPG20210413_074325.JPG

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.DE.title
dafdeharde
Explorer

No, I got the Xperia in combination with a 5G mobile contract from 1&1. Quite a good deal actually. So they replaced the phone. At the moment I can't be bothered that much, because exchanging the phone again will cost me another day of re-installing everything and also, because I prefer 3:2 format or 16:9 in case I produce slideshows or videos for the screen. Admittedly, this is a workaround and no fix, but it works for me. 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

It's good that you have found a work around for this issue, hope it will be resolved soon.