Join now - be part of our community!

Android 10 color theme change

Esanen
Visitor

Android 10 color theme change

How can I change the menu background color on Android 10 back to dark gray as it was on Android 9? The "dark theme" is not the answer.

Screenshot_20191205-233314.png

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Esanen 

I'm sorry but I don't think it can be changed. I'll keep checking but ...

SAWIG
Visitor

Settings -> Display -> Advanced -> VIEW - Dark theme (second from bottom)

Esanen
Visitor

Dark theme is not the same as it turns all widgets (calendar, gmail..) also dark/black. The Google search bar becomes practically invisible when using a black wallpaper.

Alaa
Visitor

@Esanen wrote:

Dark theme is not the same as it turns all widgets (calendar, gmail..) also dark/black. The Google search bar becomes practically invisible when using a black wallpaper.

You can fix this very easy

Google app > Customize Widget

Google search widget customization silently returns

Alaa
Visitor

@Esanen wrote:

How can I change the menu background color on Android 10 back to dark gray as it was on Android 9? The "dark theme" is not the answer.

Screenshot_20191205-233314.png

On Android 10

You can change the " Accent Color " Also Font & Shape

check

[Update: More colors] Android Q developer options include accent color, font, and icon shape customi...

Esanen
Visitor

Ok so as I understood it there's no way to get the Android 9 theme back. "You can have any color you like as long as it is black (or white)"

Esanen
Visitor

Maybe I'll just get an Iphone. Even S.J. doesn't dictate their phones visual appearance as Sony does.. i'm really disappointed at Sony right now........

Xperi51
Visitor

Same problem with my Xperia 5! Only had it a few weeks. Pretty sure the colour theme thing changed from gray to white a couple of days before the android 10 update came to my phone. I was hoping the update would restore the absolutely ridiculous white back ground thing but unfortunately it didn't. 

Can't believe you cant change it!! The white app drawer back ground make the app icons hard to differentiate and the dark theme makes the notifications drawer even harder to read!!!! Mind blowing Sony! Not hard for them to fix either??!!

Esanen
Visitor

Seriously make an option to the OS to change the color theme. You'll drive customers to other brands with these kind of simple things