Join now - be part of our community!

Z5 Compact - Back / Home / Recent Buttons not working. HELP!

ed8907
Visitor

Z5 Compact - Back / Home / Recent Buttons not working. HELP!

Hello Guys

I bought my Z5c in November 2015. Until Thursday it had been working fine. We all know about battery drain and all that but actually the phone was working. I personally like the phone a lot.

On Monday July 31st, I updated to Nougat 7.1.1. Everything was OK. On Thursday Morning the back / home / recent buttons were not working.

I already tried:

- Factory reset

- Software repair (Xperia Companion)

- Flashed the phone and changed CDA to another region

I don't think this is a hardware issue because the buttons work in the lockscreen and in landscape mode. It just doesn't work in portrait mode.

This made the phone unusable. My phone company gave me a Sony Xperia XA for $47. This phone was bought unlocked.

I really need your help please

Thanks

What can I do in this case? I don't think there's a Sony repair center in my country

2 REPLIES 2
x100992
Visitor

Exactly the same problem I just had experienced this morning, up until now, though I haven't tried resetting to factory default yet. My colleague had the same exact phone / android version but doesn't have any issues. Please investigate and advise. thanks! Slightly_smiling_Face

ed8907
Visitor

@x100992 wrote:

Exactly the same problem I just had experienced this morning, up until now, though I haven't tried resetting to factory default yet. My colleague had the same exact phone / android version but doesn't have any issues. Please investigate and advise. thanks! Slightly_smiling_Face

I just came back from the service center and it is a hardware issue. It costs around USD 160 to get it repaired. I don't think I'll invest that money in a 2-year-old device. Maybe I'll wait fot XZ1 Compact to be released.