Join now - be part of our community!

Z1 Phone battery drained fast and now DEAD!! Will not charge

allexsony
Visitor

Z1 Phone battery drained fast and now DEAD!! Will not charge

Z1 4 years old. Lately, battery used to drain within 40 mins. I uninstalled a dozen programs, deleted 100's of photos, put it on stamina mode. Nothing worked. Now phone gone dead, will not charge or do anything. Tried all the buttons and resets. Tried the Sony support repair and update programs but the phone will not connect to the computer because it is DEAD. I would hate to lose all my data because I did not back-up anything because I thought my wonderful Sony was indestructible. Any suggestions and help out there??

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@allexsony

there are few things that you can try 

connect the phone to a wall charger, press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 2 - 3 hours > check again. 

allexsony
Visitor

Thanks for your suggestion. I managed to get it to come back to life. By now I had already switched sim card to another phone. The fully charged battery in the Sony only lasts 30 minutes if I use it browsing or sending messages on whattsap, so I have put the sim in another phone but all my data and information and phone numbers are still in the Sony. Any ideas how I can download all information in including my whattsapp chats? I think that if I send the Sony back to change battery they will probably erase everything back to factory settings? All suggestions will be most welcome.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@allexsony

Whatsapp it's a bit tricky, you could get the contacts and messages but it will delete all new conversations.

you could reinsert the SIM card, open whatsapp, create a LOCAL backup on the internal storage > transfer it to an SD card

On the new phone:

Open whatsapp > create a backup > open a file commander > look for the whatsapp folder > copy the folder to your computer > delete the folder > settings > apps > whatsapp > clear the app data

insert the SD card to the new phone > open whatsapp > restore the backup > you will have all your contacts and old messages.