Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
388 REPLIES 388
frankie123dd
Visitor

@alokjalali wrote:

5. Emails received using Exchange active sync in the native app are not gerting displayed.

Headers seem to be getting downloaded ok, emais can be sent ok.

I have the same problem. It comes to lost connections to the server sending messages to synchronize the manual and read e-mails. The synchronization works in the background, however, without problems.

wiks
Visitor

hi, please can anyone could tell me that can i downgrade to 4.2 firmware from 4.3 without voiding the warranty cuz i bought xperia zr month ago it came with 4.2, then the other day i updated it to 4.3 now i am facing a problem with the microphone, when i record videos then play it the audio is so crapy like filming under water. so i want to check whether its a hardware or software problem by changing the firmware

MrGDay
Visitor

Yeah I would like a way to downgrade as well I know there is a thread in here that had a way but it confuses me I would like a easy way to go back down
newinthowai
Visitor

I'm having problems with the notifications bar, I can't pull it down and nor the upper part of the screen is responding.Well, I can't use the downer part of the screen either. Sony should fix this issue. It started from the day when the phone hanged and the notifications bar started to go crazy, the screen hanged. Even though I don't touch the screen the screen moves by it self and opens different apps that I don't want it to open up.

memo2014
Visitor

I updated using flashtool and got those COOL bugs:
1-Poor wifi signal
2-Gps take up to 3 minuts to set my place
3-Longer screen wake up time
4-Low battery
5-Chrome freezing
6-Low camera quality
7-Gps eating battery like crap 1% on every 40sec
Nice bugz for nice xperia!!!!
Zorro17
Visitor

Got the "usual bugs" after updating:

- lags, freezes and crashes, especially with the album slide show or during games 

- WLAN  stops 

- difficulties with downloads, i.e. nothing happens, the downloads are just pending and only start after re-booting

- sometimes the phone gets extremely hot and the battery gets empty very fast

- sometimes the phone re-boots itself though I didn't touch anything

I really hope they'll fix that soon!

joanofarc
Visitor

How did you flushed your rom? I want to downgtade but Sony doesn't want to help me. They say it is impossible to downgrade...
KrazyKray04
Visitor

Updated to 4.3 android, build number 10.4.1.B.0.101 for the Sony Xperia Z C6603 and now my phone does not play music, video or game audios. It does play notification and ringtones aswel as alarm audio through the loudspeaker so this Is definitely software problem. Also I cannot hear anything through the earpiece, all calls have zero audio unless played through the loudspeaker. Please fix this or help me to fix this disastrous issue as I got this phone to make essential phone calls regarding work. I am devastated and wishing right now that I never updated in the first place. What an absolute pile of garbage this update is.
woodyman84
Visitor

Updated to 4.3 on my Xperia Z last night

Bugs so far

Screen brightness does not change regardless of settings

Trying to select multiple pictures in Album does not work

Neroscar
Visitor

Those are the exact problems i am having aswell. Please fix this Sony.