Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
388 REPLIES 388
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Great,I am glad!

alexdon
tintin-germany
Visitor

Hi there,

yesterday i talked with sony and now i get a parcel ticket to return the phone to them for downgrade to 4.2....

Hope, 4.4 is better...

daffy_b
Visitor

I'm not sure about international posters here, (apologies to them) but according to the Sony Support staff I spoke to, ALL Sony phone handsets in the UK are covered by a 2 year warranty. 

If your Xperia device is faulty and it is still less than 2 years old (and you can prove this with a purchase receipt), contact them on 08705 237 237, and ask to return it to them for repair - the return is free of charge and it is insured by them.

If they cannot repair it, they will replace the handset.

However - be careful and make sure you keep a record of your communications with them - I returned my phone and all they did was a software re-flash and didnt even test the phone.  

Currently, my phone is now back with my vendor for them to repair - and they guarantee if it goes faulty again, they will replace the handset for free (fingers crossed).  (hopefully this will still be on 4.2)

acutephysician
Visitor

Since updating to android 4.3 my xperia z looses Wi-Fi connectivity constantly with my Bt broadband router. Needs switching Off and on to reconnect. Also media share has become unreliable and throw sites not work at all.
Tags (2)
eversmile
Visitor

I am updating my xperia z phone to 4.3 but it cannot update because encounter problem say phone contains modified software that cannot be update so how i can update my phone please reply

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

You have rooted your phone?

alexdon
eversmile
Visitor

yes i rooted my phone now i want to update how i can update my phone? please reply

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert
eversmile
Visitor

please reply i want to know how i can update my phone ?

i rooted my phone but now i want to update xperia z

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

If you unlocked bootloader,you will not be able to update,as the DRM keys are gone.You should visit a sony service for more assistance,as I am not informed into rooting.

alexdon