Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
388 REPLIES 388
tintin-germany
Visitor

Hi,

i surpose, it's no battery problem. I think, the battery effiency is better than ever. Also the speed is better, everything is working more fluently than ever but.....

I have the same problems after the update to 4.3, apps are freezing, i get the message, that it the app don't react (always the active app, mostly Xperia Home (when in standby)) and the question, whether i want to wait or to close. I can only chose "ok" and two buzzes and restart. After restart it works very good and fast and i am able to work. After 3-4 min. the same procedure. 

To the history: i installed 4.3 OTA on Friday and it failed, the phone freezed completly. So i read in this forum to install it via PC and USB and it worked. So i started to install 10-12 Apps an then the freezing / restart cyles started. I tryed to start in the "safety-mode" (?)(in german "abgesicherter Modus"), no differnce, so i am sure that the Apps are not responsible for this situation.

Additional to the other problems (contacts are not sycronized completely from Exchange-Server, slow contact search) i am very astonished. Normaly, i am a big Sony-Fan, i have a phantastic BD-5.1 System and my next TV should be a Sony, but now i am a little indifferent. It is a great phone, but i also have to work with it and it's no option to wait till it restarts when i want to call a customer or make a date.

UPDATE: i am no longer able to install apps (and i forgot some impotant), the phone asks for the App-Authorisations and starts to work with the flowing line but dont start to load (no percentage of progress). One more Problem is youtube, it runs very choppy, sequences of 1 sec., then 1 sec. of freezed frame.

SonyZR
Visitor

Hi,

My Sony Xperia ZR blurtooth is not working even after updating to Android 4.3 (JellyBean).

Please help out in solving this problem...:smileysad:

Coaldust
Visitor

OK, this'll take a bit of explaining, so bear with me.

When I got my Z, the notifications worked fine. They played as they should with the system volume up, they stayed silent when my phone was on vibrate only, no problems.

Now after the update to 4.3, notifications are largely OK except whe I listen to music. Even when I have the phone on silent/vibrate only, when music is playing and a message comes through, the music playing goes quieter and the message tone plays quietly at the same time.

It's driving me up the wall now. I'm trying to listen to music and every time a message comes in, it gets interrupted. It didn't used to do this on 4.2, none of my other 4.3 devices do this, and I can't find out how to stop it from happening.

Help!
emrekizilten
Visitor

the same problem help me.

summ
Visitor

My xperia doesnt respond to the power button
AFter the update i cant turn it on normally using the power button
Shravan_sp
Visitor

Yea I'm experiencing the same problem... But only occasionally...
Press the power button.. Wait for a few seconds and press it again...
That helps me...
daffy_b
Visitor

2 days since my last post and the problems have now got worse.

I had to re-install 4.3 (4 times) on my wife's Z - and even then I cannot add her email account via "Exchange" as this causes the whole phone to crash - so now I have got her a working phone (JUST), but she cannot access email on it.

My own Z1 is now even worse - Intermittent faults (where do I start), ringtones and notificatioin tones are not set, so phone on permanent vibrate or silent - impossible to update this to add a ringrone (when you do, the phone locks up). Cannot access anything on the SD-card (music, photos, apps etc) - when I try tophone locks up. Phoen alos continaully drops access to my phone carrier (vodafone), so am continually unable to make or receive calls or texts

I contacted SONY via their online support Chat on saturdaty about BOTH phones - they recommended doing a "repair" using their update software (they provided the ink) - I did this, and still the phone does not wqork.

My phone is 3 months old, I am taking it back and asking for a new one as this one just does not work anymore

I am very p***ed-off, as I had an Xperia Z for 18 months, and then a Z1 for 3 months with absolutely no problems whatsoever - and now 4.3 update comes along and completely shattered my illusion of the Xperia being a great piece of kit.

4.3 has been an absolute disaster !!!

UPDATE   -  I called Sony Xperia support to talk to them to seek help and they say they are surprised that I have any problems, as they claim never to have had anyone report issues with 4.3 update. Once I explained all that was going wrong with my Z1, and that I had used their own "repair" software (several times) with no success, they said I'd need to return the phone to them for a repair (or replacement if unrepairable). 

_johnson
Visitor

Hi

After the update I have had a problem with the default mail client. It shows the list of mails as always, but it's stuck on the load screen when a specific mail is selected from the list.

jetbuckle
Visitor

yeah, they're definitely in denial over this one. I'm going to have to go down the road of complete factory reset, then rooting the phone (which appears very complex...but i got to try something...Sony aren't going to help me) , to try and get the drive (internal memory) to appear as a regular drive on my pc, then run recovery software on the drive to try and get my stuff back...

Won't be buying Sony again after this experience, really hacked off.

Rodhammond
Visitor

Xperia zr c5502 4.3JB after update:
Wifi problem = association rejected.
Xperia Home stop working.
Some time laggggg.....

Pls fix the bug ASAP.