Join now - be part of our community!

wifi during Screen mirroring

SOLVED
anirudhks
Visitor

wifi during Screen mirroring

Hi I knw that the wifi disconnects when u use the screen mirroring , but at the same time I also have a note 2 which has the tool called all sharecast but when I use that the wifi still works along with the screen mirroring  any solution to make this work on our XZ? technically its not impossible but there should be a way around i would like to use my wifi during screen  mirroring .. will this be addressed in the update ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rickard
Master

This has been investigated and unfortunately it will not be possible to support Screen Mirroring and WiFi connection at the same time in this Xperia Z.

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
anirudhks
Visitor

Hi anyone knows an answer?

Rickard
Master

I can forward this as feedback but i don't know if it will be possible to use WiFi and screen mirroring at the same time.

anirudhks
Visitor

THanks Rickard , it should be possible as my samsung phones do it with all share cast , they are connected to wifi and also mirror at the same time..

Tizzo_Tiz
Visitor

Hi Rickard,

The one year old Samsung galaxy s3 is able to have both wifi and screen mirroring active at the same time, I'm sure Sony's new xperia z should be able to do it to.

Any update on this matter would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance! Slightly_smiling_Face

Tizzo_Tiz
Visitor

I tested my brothers Xperia T with screen mirroring and his wifi connection did NOT get disconnected... If the Xperia T is able to have both WiFi and screen mirroring simultaneously then the Xperia Z should be able to, shouldn't it?

anirudhks
Visitor

totaly agree so hopefully it comes in the next update as a fix , coz I wanna stream videos using my wifi not my mobile data

anirudhks
Visitor

Hi Rickard , any update on this if this will be achievable on the Z? , not wanting an ETA but just that want to know if it will be implemented.. if not can anyone suggest an alternate app which can achieve this ?

anirudhks
Visitor

Will this be added as a feature on any upcoming builds ? , as its really annoying to loose Wireless when on screen mirroring... SONY please add this feature to have both...

Rickard
Master

This has been investigated and unfortunately it will not be possible to support Screen Mirroring and WiFi connection at the same time in this Xperia Z.