Join now - be part of our community!

Update Z5c failed, phone does not start, all tips tried out

SOLVED
chwoelm
Visitor

Update Z5c failed, phone does not start, all tips tried out

Dear all,

Today (!) I bought the Z5c after the desaster with Z3c (6 repairs in 14 month) my last try for Sony.

I connected to the computer (USB, no Hub) and while updating the firmware, I got a failure message on Computer screen (Win 10, latest Compagnion Version) and also on the phone, which does not work now.

Every tip I read here or in other forums (Fix this with the Companion Tool to reset the phone, Turn of and on the phone by using Power and Vol+, connect while holding Vol-, etc.) does not have helped. The result was the same for every thing I tried: Failure screens for the PC and the phone.

Using another computer with PC companion has not helped, the process was not initiated.

At the moment, I am loading the phone using the wall charger and the docking station. After turning of, it was reactivated immediately after connecting to the power and is now switching between the white logo screen and the black "software install failure" screen...

Again: I tried all tips given about using PC compagnion, an update or reset via WLAN or something else directly on the phone is not possible, because the phone cannot be used.

I am very desperate and regret now to have bought the phone. The Sony smartphones are the worst japanese products I ever bought...

Anyone here who can help???

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
chwoelm
Visitor

Thank you, uliwooly.

At the end, I reached the telephone supprt of Sony. The technician send me some hints, what to do if loading the firmware under Windows 10.

I have done this and additionally I also turned of Firewall and Antivirus, despite that the Sony programs have been on a white list.

What was "the" right action in the end is unclear, but fact is, that the update loaded the firmware and I have repaired the phone and can use it now.

Thanks to all who helped me with tips and support.!

Yuwarajj
Visitor

So I connected my phone to Sony companion and tryed to repair I followed all the instructions as instructed but after some time it said failed to repair 

when ever I restart the phone it says software update failed connect to PC an try again 

I tryed it many time but it failed 

now what to do