Tony44
Visitor

Unlocking my phone, Vodafone can't do it

5 REPLIES 5
Jonas
Master

Hi @Tony44, welcome to our forum!

Is the phone locked to a specific network operator and you need a code to unlock the phone so it can be used with a different operator? If that is the case, you will need to get in contact with the operator that locked the phone and get a code from them that you can use in your phone to remove the network lock since we do not provide these codes.

I hope that helps and please let me know if I misunderstood your question.

Senyora
Visitor

Maybe, the Unlock counter of your device was reach the limit ( 0 ) or unlimited . It means it is hardlocked and it cannot be unlocked. 

@Tony44 wrote:

Tony44
Visitor

My phone is locked to Vodafone ,since my contract ended in December I am already whith another broadband provider so iv purchased a SIM card with them ,so I went through the unlocking procedure on the computer and they sent me an unlocking code and it was unsuccessful,so I tried again and again they sent a different code twice and even sent my IMEI number and said go to the shop and get the assistant to put it in well it didn't work .its now August and its still locked.

Matteo79
Visitor

I have exactly the same problem. 

Phone is locked to o2,  and need to unlock it for use with different provider. 

I've been through the entire unlatching procedure. O2 sent the unlatching code,  but this has not been successful.

I've inputted the code 4 times already. Can't really try again otherwise it will lock the handset.

Contacted O2 to explain the problem and I was told to get in touch with the device manufacturer.

Any  further advice?

Jonas
Master

Hi @Senyora, That is a really good advice, I should have checked that as well, thank you! Slightly_smiling_Face

@Tony44, I see, it must be very frustrating not being able to use the phone with your new operator.

If you start the phone without inserting a SIM card and when the phone has been unlocked, start the Phone application and type in *#*#7378423#*#* > Service info > SIM lock.

To the left of "Network" you will see an icon that looks like a "[]", is there a X inside ([X])? If there is, look to the right of "Network" and you will see a number. The number will tell you how many attempts you have left. If this number is a "0", there are no attempts left and you will need to get in touch with your Local support team and they will assist you further.

@Matteo79, sorry to hear about this.

I'm afraid that I don't have access to these codes and since the codes you have received from O2 aren't working then your service provider will need to get in touch with their contact person at Sony Mobile (or our Local support team) and request further assistance with getting a hold of a new code.

You can also make sure that you have attempts left by following the instructions above.

Let me know how it went!