Join now - be part of our community!

Screen Z5 Compact goes black while starting

Thijs_Amsterdam
Visitor

Screen Z5 Compact goes black while starting

Dear all, I am new to this forum but I really need some help.

Last week my Xperia Z5 Compact started to show problems with the screen. At first the screen was on and of for longer periods of time, occassionaly showing the message crashmonitor.has stopped.

Even without touching, my phone would go on and off the whole night, resulting in a fast low battery. Being on vacation I couldn't do anything (save documents, or get it inspected).

The last few days the screen was black the most of the time, near useless.

Now back home my screen will only go on when I start it, but everytime it shows Android wordt gestart (Dutch for: Android starting :smileysmileywink: ), the screen gets and stays black. Reacting to nothing.

Result: I can't save any of my precious documents/photos to my pc, while I can not 'unlock' 

Hoping someone has a solution !!  

3 REPLIES 3
Christofer
Champion

Hi @Thijs_Amsterdam, I'm very sorry to hear about this.

Could you try booting your phone into safe mode and see if it behaves properly then?

Let me know if this helped.

Thijs_Amsterdam
Visitor

Dear Christofer, thans for the reply.

However I can't boot into safe mode while the screen turns black (goes out) while starting. So I have no possibility to press anything. 

The only way to turn of my phone is to press volume-up and on/off switch at the same time.

Hope to hear from you

Christofer
Champion

You can also boot into safe mode by turning off the phone and wait a few seconds. Then press and hold both the on/off and volume down (-) key. Keep pressing these two keys until the phone has booted completely. Have you tried this as well?