Join now - be part of our community!

Screen flickering/blinking Xperia Z1

Harry71189
Visitor

Screen flickering/blinking Xperia Z1

Hey! 

I've had the handset since December (so only about 8 months) and not really had any issues until recently. Occasionally it crashes and restarts itself. 

Just yesterday,  during normal use the screen suddenly started flickering and if now has almost a translucent white slightly juttery mask across the screen. 

How do I fix this? I already tried restarting and also downloading the newest software update. 

Does anyone know whether this would be covered by the warranty? And does anyone know how I even find out about the warranty? I purchased my handset from very.co.uk 

Thanks! 

Harriet 

1 REPLY 1
Emir1
Hero

Hi @Harry71189, I am sorry to hear about what has happened. Slightly_frowning_Face

Do you mean that you have already tried a software repair using Xperia Companion? In that case I am sorry to say that  I can only recommend you to have your device sent to an authorized service center so that a technician may examine the device for you.

For assistance with warranty and sending the device in for servicing, it would be best to get in touch with your Local support as they are well informed when it comes to local service routines and warranty terms. Unfortunately these differ on a market-to-market basis, so I am not able to assist you with this from my Global position. Slightly_frowning_Face