Join now - be part of our community!

Random vibration after 7.1.1 update

G69
Visitor

Random vibration after 7.1.1 update

Random vibration after 7.1.1 update. How can I fix?

4 REPLIES 4
disimes95
Contributor

Hi!

Can you be more specific?

Jonas
Master

Hi @G69, sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

Do you see a new notification in the phone just after receiving the vibration(s)? If you do, drag down the notification bar and press and hold on the application. Here you can block notifications from the  application or you can start the application up and see if there is any setting in the application to turn off vibrations.

If you are using a case where you have a bus card, credit card or similar, make sure that NFC is turned off, in case those cards have support for this the NFC sensor on the phone will try to read them and you will get short vibrations. You can turn the NFC function off in Settings > More > NFC.

If there is no change, try rebooting your phone in safe mode and see if you still receive these vibrations when third party applications aren't loaded.

Let us know how it went!

G69
Visitor

NFC is off. There are no notifications - if there were, it would hardly be a "random" vibration; the phone would just be behaving as expected. 

I can't describe it any other way than totally random vibration alerts - sometimes single and sometimes 6-7 rapid-fire. Only occured after recent software update. I'm putting it down to just another Xperia f-up......

Jonas
Master

Hi again!

Was there any change when the phone was rebooted in safe mode?