Join now - be part of our community!

PTP mode (USB)

maffmace
Visitor

PTP mode (USB)

I backed up my data from an old Samsung SIII Mini phone using the Helium app which requires the phone USB to be in PTP mode. There's no way to access this mode in the settings of the Z1 Compact phone (all other Android phones have this to select alongside MTP). However Helium app can bring up this menu, it shows 2 check boxes, MTP and PTP, selecting PTP doesn't work though as within a second it removes the check and re-checks MTP on its own.

I don't want to lost all my game and app data which cannot be saved/transferred without PTP mode, please can anyone help with this? (not wanting to root or put a different ROM on the phone)

23 REPLIES 23
mbs123a
Visitor

/t5/Xperia-Z3/PTP-mode-problem/td-p/1016756 in this topic a suport guy says the z3 sony cant do it feelsbadman.

profile.country.IT.title
Snesh88

I didn't say that you can put the smartphone on PTP Mode, read before you comment.
I have a z3 Compact and with that solution I was able to backup everything using the Helium Backup app.

Lilblue
Visitor

Hi Snesh

I can't find the ADB server option in the start menu, it only shows the Helium program - any ideas?

Desperately trying to extract my FF save game, Helium used to work just fine, but it doesn't now!

Thank you!

Lilblue
Visitor

It's ok, I'm an idiot!  Used the Chrome extension not the desktop version and we are away!

Thank you so much I think I love you!