Join now - be part of our community!

Prototype Phone not Updating to 7.0

atp2005
Visitor

Prototype Phone not Updating to 7.0

I've ordered international unlocked phones to work in the country of Nepal where I'll be moving to soon. The phones (Sony Xperia Z5 Compacts/E5823) should have the most recent Nougat (7)*update. Instead, the phones are running the Lollipop (5.1.1) update, and the phone is saying it is up to date. I've talked with Sony support, and they said there is nothing I can do. Surely there is, though!

One thing worth mentioning is that when I launched the three phones initially--2 from Ebay and one from Amazon, all in new unopened boxes--they concluded the set up sequence by showing me the below image:

Screenshot_2017-05-13-05-06-21.png

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@atp2005

You are NOT supposed to have a prototype, contact the seller regarding this. I'm not sure about your country but here in USA, buying stolen devices its a crime. 

Mackiesbay
Visitor

I have also bought an e5823 from eBay with the same issues - prototype message & ver 5.1.1 with no update available.

I have had other problems as well... 

1: could not get mobile data to work until I manually put in APN settings.

after working ok for a couple of days I lost signal - No Service - on network, it wouldn't let me access that part of the settings to try and fix the problem, in the end I did a factory reset and has been ok since. 

2: can't use the Outlook app - some message about it being blocked due to SOMC policy. so using another app for email instead. 

3: updated chrome and it stopped working, corrected this by uninstalling chrome updates.

Other than that - it's a pretty good device ! 

Tags (1)
kati2
Visitor

Hi, I have same situation,  have E523. Did you found any solution to upgrade your Android?